• Your Breaking Bad Finale Guesses

I’m having a hard time not thinking about what might happen on next weeks final episode of Breaking Bad. And I don’t want to guess out loud online, because that’s a form of spoiler, it makes people anticipate developments, possibly ruining the fun of watching what unfolds.

So for all who want to participate, I’m going to do a time capsule here starting now. If you want to give your best guess in the comments, I’ll hold them in moderation and then approve them all after “Felina” airs next Sunday. And I’m going to not read any until then. I don’t need to be convinced of how hilarious you are, just give me your real predictions. We can pretend there’s money riding on it (because somewhere, you know there is)!

GO!

Comments

Comment from Jon Johnsick
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:14 pm

I think Walt kills the nazis and then uses the ricin on himself.

Comment from Matt Jett
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:15 pm

Jesse gets killed by the nazis, Walt gets caught confronting his partners

Comment from Randy Z. Ochoa
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:24 pm

I think Walt is taking the big gun to save Jesse, then he’s going to either use the ricin on the main bad guy(forget his name), or take it himself. then jesse is going to take the 70 million dollars and give it to Flynn who will then somehow buy Kellogg’s Cereal for all the sweet Raisin Bran. He will then use his new power to stage a hostile take over of General Mills, Post, and Nabisco to become a cereal king pin more powerful than his father ever could be.

Comment from Dan M
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:24 pm

Alright, here we go. I think Walt is planning on storming the Nazi stronghold, in order to kill the Nazis, retrieve his cash and do in Jesse Pinkman for continuing to make his first rate blue crystal and thereby steal his thunder. He succeeds, but only because Jesse helps him. The two drive out into the desert together, both knowing there’s only one way this can end. En route, the two have something like a human conversation, but the inevitability of what’s coming hangs over them.

They go to the first place that they cooked and… kill each other in a gunfight? I don’t know, it all falls apart around there. After Walt is gone – as go he must – Flynn changes his mind about the money sent to Louis’ house and that’s where we end the episode, with a shot of the money in the cardboard box. Maybe a lingering shot of the “Ensure” logo.

That sounds terrible now I’ve written it all out.

Comment from Bill
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:26 pm

Everyone but Jesse and Brock ends up dead, with Jesse using whatever cash remains at the shootout at the hangar to take care of Brock.

I always assumed Walt would use the ricin on himself to make sure that should his attack on Jack’s gang go pear-shaped, Jack’s gang wouldn’t be able to do to him what they’ve done to Jesse, though he could just as easily use the ricin to off Lydia before he launches his attack.

Comment from Cindy
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:36 pm

Im not sure how it will happen but the White family, Jesse and the white supremacists are killed and its just Walter left there in ashes and blood with his money.

Comment from Ian Brill
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:46 pm

Walt uses that weaponry he gets from Lawson to take on the Nazis. He gets the money, but he also frees Jesse. BUT Jesse kills Walt, because he blames Walt for all these horrible things that have happened to him. BUT, Jesse then makes sure Walt Jr. and Holly get the money.

Comment from Matt Ferguson
    Time: September 23, 2013, 7:53 pm

After seeing the interview with Gretchen and Elliot and finding out his blue meth is still being sold, Walter resolves not to turn himself in until after he has crippled what remains of his former meth empire. A good deed with douchey, spiteful intentions. When he finds Jesse, I think he’ll be far enough removed from what happened to Hank to let him go out of pity (I feel like Walt’s months of isolation should have helped him realize that Hank’s death is totally his fault and not Jesse’s, but he’s surprised me before). Jesse won’t have forgiven Walt at all, but he might at least view him as the lesser of two evils and go along with his plans if it means killing the Nazis and getting a shot at Todd. If the series was going to end with them working together, it would HAVE to be against someone even more unrepentantly evil than Walt.

I’m also pretty sure Todd’s love for Lydia is going to be what leads to her downfall. Maybe he’ll say something incriminating, lead the cops to her house. She’ll realize he’s too much of a liability and shoot him, or he’ll realize she doesn’t care about him and shoot her. That’d be fitting if she’s taken down by someone too stupid for her to manipulate. I’d love for Jesse to be the one who gets Todd in the end but that might be too predictable.

I’d say the Ricin is for the Nazis since Walt can’t expect to kill all of them in a gunfight, except I think their death would have to be something more immediate and dramatic than contracting flu-like symptoms over a period of several days. Walt isn’t petty enough to poison Gretchen and Elliot over what they said, it was just a PR move and he’d have to be stupid to read any more into it. And Lydia can’t die without being beaten. However she gets her comeuppance, it has to be something that outs her as a meth dealer. She has to feel the walls closing in and her world crumbling beneath her feet. She’s been so neurotic about eliminating threats to her identity that she can’t go any other way. So I’m pretty sure the Ricin is for Walt to kill himself. He lived on his own terms, he’s going to die on his own terms.

Comment from Gray Gunter
    Time: September 23, 2013, 8:00 pm

PREDICTION: Skyler kills Lydia.

REASONING: In the penultimate episode three things are established.

1. Lydia wants Skyler dead.
    2. Todd is unwilling to kill Skyler for Lydia.
    3. Skyler knows she and her children are threatened by the “dark haired woman” (Lydia)

So I think Lydia, out of any other options, will attempt to get her hands dirty and kill Skyler. Prepared for another attack Skyler will defend herself and kill Lydia.

Comment from Jon McCarthy
    Time: September 23, 2013, 8:24 pm

Jessie kills Todd. Walt kills Uncle Jack and the gang with the machine gun. Jesse then kills Walt but only after Walt puts the ricin into some beverage that Jesse, after killing Walt, drinks. Fade to black!

Comment from Michael Burkhart
    Time: September 23, 2013, 8:40 pm

Badger saves Jesse. Flynn finds the money and cures cancer, after Walt dies. Holly twerks on MTV.

Comment from Bruce
    Time: September 23, 2013, 10:28 pm

I think with nothing to lose, Walt goes back to kill those dudes. He does, then finds Jessie. He asks Jessie to kill him, Jessie doesn’t, so Walt kills himself.

Comment from Thomas Boatwright
    Time: September 24, 2013, 1:50 am

Show started with Walter putting a gun in his mouth. I’m guessing the ricin cigarette is for himself. Whatever happens, he’ll take a long drag and blow smoke in the face of death.

Comment from Jeremy Horsley
    Time: September 24, 2013, 4:19 am

Walt comes down from the mountain and obliterates The Todd and his gang. Lydia watches Todd die, escapes because she is a weasel, disappears. After his massacre Walt discovers Jesse is still alive and Jesse kills him. The body is never found, the charges against Skyler go away eventually, the money is gone forever.

Comment from Matthew Meylikhov
    Time: September 24, 2013, 6:05 am

For my money’s worth, I think pretty much everyone except Walt needs to die — or, at the very least, everyone important to him needs to leave him and he needs to end the series alone.

We sort of saw a bit of it on the penultimate issue, but even when he’s brought to his absolute lowest, Walter White never seems to learn any lessons and always lets ego get the best of him, and that has to be his downfall. The earliest glimpse of how bad for him it was was when he refused to let Gale posthumously get credit for the blue meth, but now that he’s alone and still lets Greymatter get the best of him, Walt leaving a trail of destruction only to see that there’s nothing but himself at the other end of the road would be a pretty strong character arc.

Because, really, everything he did would’ve been ultimately for nothing, and that’s the only thing he can have left. He’ll be remembered not as Walter White but Heisenberg, and every good intention he ever had would be left in the dirt — Ozymandias incarnate, more so than he’s already become.

That said, if Walt rolled into the neo-Nazi compound, took out uncle Jack and wound up shot at the last second by Jesse when he wasn’t paying attention? I’d buy it. As long as Meth Damon gets his comeuppance one way or another.

Comment from Chris O’Halloran
    Time: September 24, 2013, 7:55 am

Walt wrecks the Nazis lab with the machine gun, both him and Jessie kill some of them, Todd kills uncle Jack. Walt somehow rescues Jesse. Walt takes the ricin himself. Jesse raises Brock. Hanks body found and there is a funeral for Hank but none for Walt. These are things I can see happening. But this show has surprised me at every turn this season.

Comment from Sherwoode
    Time: September 24, 2013, 8:20 am

I bet that Jessie will shoot Walt in a mimic of the Season 3 finale when Jessie shoots Gale.

Comment from andrew
    Time: September 24, 2013, 8:29 am

Walt is going to war with the “Nazis” to get his money back.

The Ricin will be used on Lydia because she was the one who wouldn’t let him leave the business.

Walt is going to die while being yelled at by Walter JR.

Jesse kills Todd

Vince Gillian will have a cameo somewhere in this episode

Comment from Graeme
    Time: September 24, 2013, 9:02 am

Walt kills the neo-Nazi crew, Jesse kills Todd, Walt takes the ricin himself then hands himself in safe in the knowledge that his legacy is safe and dies in police custody. Laundry dude gives Walts money to his family, Jesse takes some of the money the nazi’s stole and runs away with Brock. Saul lives happily ever after and Huell is still in that house waiting for the DEA to come back to him

Comment from Ibrahim Moustafa
    Time: September 24, 2013, 9:41 am

There’s been a lot of character building with Lydia and her neurosis regarding hot beverages and what kind of artificial sweetener goes into them.

While piecing together the second-to-last episode with the season 5 opener, it occurred to me that Walt made that special trip home to get the ricin, and that it was most likely to be substituted for Lydia’s precious Stevia.

I’m really proud of myself for this one.

Comment from Indigo Kelleigh
    Time: September 24, 2013, 11:15 am

Seems pretty obvious that, with that huge gun in his trunk, Walt is going to go full-on scarface on Todd and his Uncle. Still not sure where the ricin fits in, though I suspect that Walt has made a suicide pact with himself. Finish off the supremacists, get his money to his family (somehow), then take the ricin before the police can get him into custody, to die in prison. Whether he gets away with that last bit, though – suicide by ricin – probably depends on whether Jesse survives the assault on the compound. Jesse may decide to let Walt die on his own terms, or he may tell the police about the ricin, allowing them the chance to save Walt’s life to make sure he sees trial. As Walt himself said while watching Scarface with his kids, “Everybody dies in these movies, don’t they!”

Comment from Charlie Chu
    Time: September 24, 2013, 11:25 am

I don’t really have a cohesive theory so much as things I think will happen:

The flash forward isn’t about Walt trying to save his family, it’s Jesse. Jesse dies during Walt’s rescue attempt. I feel like somehow, Walt will inevitably come out on top over Meth Damon and the Nazis but dying of cancer as he’s finally taken into custody by the cops.

That ricin is going to be used to poison Lydia via her Stevia/tea addiction.

All the money goes to Brock.

We get a cameo from BOGDAN!

Comment from CHWolf
    Time: September 24, 2013, 4:30 pm

Walt shoots up Gray Matter HQ after drawing all his enemies there, goes out in a hail of Police gunfire.

That, or as per St. Elsewhere it all took place in a child’s coloring book.

Comment from Vaughan Johnson
    Time: September 25, 2013, 10:21 am

A lot of people seem to think Walt’s going to try to save Jesse. I think just the opposite. He deduced from the Charlie Rose interview that Jesse was still alive and cooking and is going to take him out once and for all. There’s been nothing in the last couple of episodes to suggest that Walt has warmed to Jesse in any way. Walt has finally pushed his family far away (Flynn wishing he was dead was the breaking point) allowing him to fully embrace the Heisenberg persona.

Time: September 27, 2013, 3:12 pm

Holy Meth, I almost forgot to put my own guesses in here. That would have been pretty uninteresting entered after watching the show.

Some of my suspicions have faded after a few days, I admit I don’t know what to expect. Walt isn’t some gunnery juggernaut, no matter what he has in the back of that Volvo- he saw how the Aryans dealt with Hank and Gomie. So just showing up at their compound with a gun isn’t a plan. I like to think he’ll do a Mike Ehrmantraut maneuver knocking out their alarm system first.

My big hope/suspicion is that Jesse will kill Todd with Science in the methlab like Walt did on Crazy 8 and his cousin in the first episode (well, the cousin), I love the idea that after all that time, Jesse finally learned chemistry. I like my buddy Karl Kesel’s notion that Walt would somehow use Gray Matter to get money to his family, but I think we can give up on Walt’s goal of doing that after he made it out of New Hampshire with just a box of cash. I could easier see Jesse getting the address of the mountain house and taking Brock to NH to recover the barrel and raise him.

The ricin I assume is for Walt, but I do like the idea that it’s to be switched with Lydia’s Stevia. But really, I can’t even begin to figure how it all ends. I feel like Skyler and Marie will get a better part than everyone is imagining, they tend to get left out in all the hypothesizing. The real question is of course- WHAT OF BADGER AND SKINNY PETE?

Comment from Max Robinson
    Time: September 27, 2013, 3:24 pm

ALRIGHT:

Walt has one last conversation with Skyler before going to take down the neo-nazis. Skyler tells him she hates him but begs him to run.

Walt rescues Jesse during the raid, Walt dies and Jesse lives (No way is Jesse dying).

I predict some kind of heavy flashforward, maybe even at the beginning of the episode. Walt’s dead but somehow his meth legacy survives him.

Comment from Andy Stowell
    Time: September 27, 2013, 3:49 pm

I think Walt is going to be killed in the end by the Vacume Cleaner Man (Robert Forrester). We’ve always been told if you got cleaned up you never came back. I think Walt will have a fire fight with the Nazi’s, and I’m sure he’ll kill Todd at least. I hope Jesse get saved, and I don’t think Walt will be reunited with his family. Not sure about the ricin. But in the end I think the Vacume Man will kill him because he came back.

Comment from Brandon Jerwa
    Time: September 28, 2013, 10:11 pm

Walt returns, intending to exact revenge on the business partners who screwed him over. During this confrontation, he finds out the blue meth is back on the market; he knows Jesse is alive. The M-60 is for the assault on Todd’s camp.

Jesse and Walt will escape together. Todd’s uncle kills Lydia when she gets involved, because he feels Todd is conflicted. Todd goes ape nuts, to say the least. Jesse kills Todd.

Walt is killed by Marie in a surprise moment, gun-in-handbag.

Thanks to a plan put in place by Walt: Skyler, Walt Jr., and Holly end up with the money after all. Skyler donates it to the charity’s clean-up initiative. Skyler and the kids move out of town, possibly with new identities, again thanks to Walt.

Also thanks to Walt’s planning, and with Saul’s help, Jesse takes custody of Brock and they “disappear” to go live in the cabin.

Saul starts a new life in Nebraska.