• AQUAMAN!

If you haven’t heard, I’m the new writer on AQUAMAN with issue 26. Very excited as Geoff Johns has done a fantastic job with the book since day one, and I get to team again with powerhouse artist Paul Pelletier who I worked with back on Fall Of The Hulks. So if you’re new to my work- welcome to my site!

Comments

Comment from Ryan
    Time: September 16, 2013, 6:17 pm

Aquaman rules, literally. Can’t wait to see what you have in store. I am torn between Arthur & Mera living at the lighthouse on land or being in more underwater “Game of Thrones” based stories. I’ve never read any of your work but I bought King’s Watch just because I heard it was by the new Aquaman writer and I really liked it!

Time: September 16, 2013, 6:28 pm

Thanks Ryan!

Comment from Derek Anthony
    Time: September 17, 2013, 12:23 pm

Good news all around. Aquaman has had some great writers and I am looking forward to seeing your take on the Sea King. I loved Peter David’s run, Will Pfeifer’s American Tidal is another favorite of mine and Johns New 52 run has been beyond even my expectations.

Aquaman has become the litmus between socially awkward nerds still living in their parents’ basements making “talks to fish” jokes like its 2008 and the geek elite who know what an amazing & original character Arthur Curry is and the potential for limitless stories & unbound creativity that he affords his writers.

Congrats on the gig! – DA

Time: September 17, 2013, 4:20 pm

Appreciate it Derek!

Comment from Michael
    Time: September 22, 2013, 7:09 am

Hi, Jeff,
    Wish you well on your new gig! Aquaman/Arthur has been one of my favorite characters over 40+ years. Such awesome potential for what I consider to be one of the most under-appreciated personalities in the history of comics. I mentioned on Twitter this morning Arthur needs a villian based on the real-life Mantis Shrimp. If not familiar, YouTube or google. An awesome creature. Or, perhaps a potential side-kick/ally. Having recently viewed a Science channel doc on the invasion of giant crabs along the coast of Norway, the thought occured to me a few aquatic characters have a bony outer carapace. Aquaman also is infused with Greek mythology, which leads to me wonder why Arthur and Diana (WW) don’t cross-over much. An Aquaman/Wonder Woman cross-over story seems not only logical but long over due. The owner of my local comicshop often wax dramatic over the story lines of 70s and 80s, with considerable political intrigue and social issues of the day embedded within the story lines. Seeing as how the Russians are carefully mapping the Arctic seafloor and the rising competition over Antarctica research, and the fishing issues associated with Asian nations, seems like AQ stories could certainly examine some of these ethical and moral quandries.

I wish you well and much success on your reign as the Aquaman czar :)

Comment from Ander
    Time: September 22, 2013, 7:30 am

Hey Jeff!

Aquaman has become my favorite superhero (beating out Batman!) and Mera is up there as one of the coolest, most badass heroines of the DCU. Johns’ did an amazing job of making the two of them stand out in the New 52 and I’m really excited to see what you have planned for Arthur and Mera. So congratulations and I look forward to seeing what comes in #26 and beyond. Take care.

-Ander

Comment from Jslab425
    Time: September 22, 2013, 8:47 am

After reading the solicits for AQUAMAN #26 I am totally stoked for your coming aboard! Here’s to hoping the Fire Trolls make an appearance in “Sea of Storms” as it seems logical based on the description & how cool would it be for you to take characters that have barely appeared since AQUAMAN #1 (1962) and bring them into the modern age???

Comment from GreenScar1990
    Time: September 24, 2013, 8:42 pm

While I’m glad you and Pelletier are on “Aquaman”, but I was hoping that you’d both get assigned to “Indestructible Hulk” eventually, ’cause Mr. Mark Waid’s run thus far, in my eyes and much of eyes of the Hulk fanbase, is leaving a lot to be desired in more ways than one. If anyone could have given us the same greatness and spark that Greg Pak & Peter David gave the Green Goliath, it’d be writers like you and Scott Snyder.

It seems like DC is giving you more of a chance than Marvel. Are you still writing the “Indestructible Hulk Annual”? I would like to hear your thoughts on the subjects.

Thank you.

Best of luck to you at DC Comics!

Time: September 24, 2013, 8:50 pm

Thanks! I’ve written the annual, and it’s already been drawn gorgeously by Mahmud Asrar- in fact, it should be out soon. Hope you’ll check out Aquaman!