• Dark Avenge Today! 185 in Shops

The other DA have similar questions to Karla Sophen’s as they discover more about this weird world they’re in. Be forced to watch Dr. Strange get strange, today!

Preview of DA 185 at CBR

Comments

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: January 16, 2013, 7:43 pm

Yes, yes we did.

Comment from HeroesAreBoring
    Time: January 16, 2013, 10:44 pm

Was disappointed that Karla was quickly whisked away to another “alternate world” after the TimeBolts, but her weariness and exhaustion in this issue (plus her throw back reference to her first stint as Ms. Marvel) hooked me again.

Can’t wait for #186

Comment from Chuck
    Time: January 18, 2013, 10:27 am

Brother, you’ve got mad skillz (it MUST be spelled with a ‘z’)!
    I was resistant to this ‘Dark Avengers’ business after I’d grown to love Gunna, Hyde, et al. But yet again, you’ve sold me on a bunch of ‘z’-listers with this insanely entertaining book. My comic shop credo is now: “if it’s from Parker, put it on the pull” (though that’s be a basic truism since your Agents of Atlas mini).

Please tell me it’s not true that DA wraps with #190…

If it IS true, please tell me you’ve already signed on for something else!?

Comment from Zeno
    Time: January 18, 2013, 12:58 pm

Dark Avengers 184 was interesting. I noticed the similarities between the sword Betty had a Skaar’s sword. Since Skaar’s sword disappeared in the story is it the same sword Betty was using in this month’s Red She Hulk? And perhaps the Shield computer that took it will send it back to the Skaar sometime later in this story arc?

This also seems to be the timeline that the Lyra and Thundra started from. Is this correct?

Comment from Zeno
    Time: January 18, 2013, 1:00 pm

In a off topic note let me compliment you on bringing the issue of gun control up in your earlier posts. The recent tragedy must be hard for you as a parent. Is there anything we readers can do to help get better gun controls laws passed?

Time: January 18, 2013, 3:50 pm

Zeno, Betty’s sword is her own, but don’t think I’ve forgotten Skaar’s! He’ll see it again. As for gun control, I think we need the rest of the world to point out how weird it is that the US is so consumed with having this much firepower.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: January 18, 2013, 5:38 pm

What I meant was the timeline that Thundra and Lyra came from. Not that they created it. The one we say in the Lyra’s mini series a few years ago. I am wondering is if this will tie into the Mayan story arch in Red Hulk’s comic book last summer in some way. Lyra mentioned the Maya events being her time to Rick Jones at the end of one issue. That is the reason I am asking.

Time: January 18, 2013, 6:01 pm

oh Duh! That’s what I get for reading several things at once, or trying to. Sorry! No, it doesn’t tie in. I rarely revisit past continuity in that way, it seems!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: January 18, 2013, 6:39 pm

No problem. I sort of jump back and forth between my questions in a odd way. I asked two different questions about one story arc and then asked about gun control. Then brought up the unanswered of the first two and then add another question.