• BETTY Rocks Shops Today

Red She-Hulk #60 is out, and gets us deeper into the mystery of the future Betty sees. Also: Machine Man does not respect your ownership of vehicles!

Here’s a preview while you’re waiting.

Comments

Comment from Jean
    Time: December 6, 2012, 4:37 pm

Outstanding issue! Betty is fast becoming my favorite Marvel hero!

Comment from T.S.
    Time: December 7, 2012, 8:01 am

This book is outstanding.

That variant is beautiful. I hope Betty has an arc where she is wearing that Savage Land-inspired outfit.

Time: December 7, 2012, 8:13 am

Good idea!

Comment from Adam
    Time: December 8, 2012, 7:24 pm

Hey Mr. Parker–

I see that Betty is running around Annapolis lately. I live pretty close to there, so I’m pleased to see a book set near where I live! Will this be her (pun intended) stomping grounds for the near future? (If so, can she stomp by the store I shop at, Third Eye Comics? I’ll buy TWO of that issue!)

Time: December 8, 2012, 7:44 pm

She will stomp through there again, but unless Third Eye (a fine store, I hear) is in the marshes, we won’t see them!

Comment from Gene
    Time: December 9, 2012, 8:37 am

Another great issue! Betty charging single handedly against all those Eschelon soldiers made me stand up and cheer. She is just as heroic as Gary Cooper in High Noon, John Wayne in True Grit, and Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2.

BTW, when I bought my issue the clerk told me that a little girl the previous day had pointed at #60 to her mother and said that she wants to be the Red She Hulk next Halloween because she is so strong!

Comment from Mirko
    Time: December 9, 2012, 10:58 am

getting better and better. this one was otstanding. I love that Machine Man is the protagonist. well played, thank you!

Comment from Joe Huber
    Time: December 22, 2012, 3:09 pm

As much as I loved your Hulk your Red She-Hulk even blows that away! As funny and great as Machine Man was in Nextwave it’s nice to see you made him somewhat serious and definately cool again. I hope he’s staying in this book because I’m loving the interaction between him and Red She-Hulk (any chance you’ll be writing a Machine Man solo?)

Only bad thing is this title doesn’t double ship. The month goes so sloooooow after I read each new Red She-Hulk and have to wait in anticipation of the next issue! I don’t think Betty Ross or Machine Man have ever been written this well and made to be this cool in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong I loved Machine Man in Nextwave and that was funny as hell Fleshy One but you got Machine Man at his coolest! Same for Red She-Hulk.

I’m in for the longhaul but I was when it was Hulk anyway, I’m just more excited now with what you’re doing with this character. She should be a main player in the Marvel Universe. Love how she is such a big threat that Captain America had to step in to try to take her down (and failed when you think about it). Keep up the great work! (and no Jeff Parker didn’t pay me to say a word!) lol

By the way let me not forget the art. This is a beautifully drawn title! Pagulayan and Alves are doing a great job bringing your stories to life. Colors are fantastic by Val Staples. The whole team is doing great. Keep up the awesome work! Gonna comment on Dark Avengers in your other post.

Time: December 22, 2012, 11:15 pm

Joe thanks, I’ll pass this on to Team Betty!