• Farewell Thunderbolts!

This is it! This is where The Thunderbolts sail off into the sunset. Thanks everyone for supporting the “Underbolts” and I hope you’ll all stay on going forward with the people the book is actually named for now. Moonstone of course, would not be denied, and is switching allegiances because she can’t stand to not be in print. In stores TODAY.

Preview at CBR

Comments

Comment from Kevin Hines
    Time: November 21, 2012, 2:12 pm

I’ve loved your run on Thunderbolts. Between this and Red Hulk (and Gillen’s Loki work) I feel like all my favorite Marvel books are villains as heroes.

I would love for you to keep working with Ghost and Songbird (the former you have made me a fan of, the latter I’ve enjoyed since Busiek) – but I’m on board for Dark Avengers. Or still on board. Because I’ve been reading it already, right? right.

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: November 22, 2012, 8:46 pm

At a young age, I easily grasped the cosmological and ontological relationships between Earth-3, Earth-X, and Earth-S. And that Earth-9 was also Earth-I.

But as long as I live, I will never understand Marvel’s marketing strategies. (*Especially* where Thunderbolts is concerned!)

Comment from GreenScar90
    Time: November 25, 2012, 12:45 am

Very good issue.

Glad to see, and hoping that, Skaar getting more of a part in this series. I’m also curious as to what will become of our former Thunderbolts in the near future. And it looks like Man-Thing transported Skaar and the Dark Avengers to an alternate reality/universe. All in all, a very enjoyable read.

However, I have some questions, and I hope that you’ll gladly answer them if you choose to.

Question 1: Did Toxie Doxie mind control Skaar, or did she simply cause him to become enraged thus resulting in him suddenly lashing out?

Being that he is a Hulk, and the Son of The Hulk, I find it hard to believe that he’d be vunerable to mind control especially since Xavier and Emma Frost couldn’t do anything against his father.

So… what is it?

Question 2: Why is it that after Greg Pak left Skaar in the Savage Land, that every writer who has handled him does not even remotely utilize or take notice of his Oldstrong/Old Power abilities?

I mean, this is an energy comparable to the Power Cosmic, an energy that drove Galactus mad with hungry and then was used by Hiro-Kala to severely posion him.

It’s an energy that can easily move planets or destroy them (not that Skaar couldn’t break a world with physical strength alone, ’cause he’s The Hulk’s son, so he’s definitely capable of destroying a planet with or without the Old Power) quite easily.

So… why is it that Skaar, or you yourself as the writer, have not taken advantage of this?

That’s all I’ve been wondering for now.

Take care and keep up the great work on both Dark Avengers and Red She-Hulk!

Time: November 25, 2012, 8:43 am

June did mind-control him. He’s not his dad! Bruce didn’t pass on all the good traits.

And I know you want the Old Power to show up, but we’re still a ways off from that. Or addressing why he hasn’t used it- we have a big cast to deal with, and this isn’t a Hulk book. Skaar has to wait for his parts a bit longer, though he has some good ones coming up soon!

Comment from Sven
    Time: November 26, 2012, 1:21 am

great sendoff for the old thunderbolts.
    I just hope some of them show up in a new series and are not send off to limbo. Or show up to be killed off to make a new villian look cool^^

Time: November 26, 2012, 9:12 am

I agree, hate when characters are brought in just to be pawned! Thanks Sven