• RED 2 Out Today

A spiffy alt cover by Luke Ross! RED SHE-HULK #59 is out in stores today, here’s a preview of Betty’s latest exploits.

And timely enough, I talk to MTV GEEK about Betty!

Comments

Comment from Sean Nelson
    Time: November 14, 2012, 2:42 pm

I was curious about that variant cover but after reading it, I get it. Make me curious about the variant for #61. Anyway great issue and cool interview I am really looking forward to see how things pan out.

Comment from Costa K.
    Time: November 14, 2012, 5:32 pm

Love that cover, love Val Staples’ colors, will now proceed to get this cover tattooed ON MY CHEST.

Comment from Gene
    Time: November 14, 2012, 7:11 pm

Just finished #59 and enjoyed it! I did get a slight Terminator 2 Linda Hamilton vibe from Betty as she fights the future to save humanity.

Quick question:
    In Hulk: Season One Betty was the head of USAAF security at Gamma Base. Does that continuity apply here?
    It would be interesting to see Captain Marvel’s reaction when she finds out that Betty is a former USAAF vet too.

Comment from Michael J.N.
    Time: November 15, 2012, 12:30 am

Odd. Two issues into your run with Ross and I was already a believer, but I’m still not sold on Red She-Hulk (Lord have mercy, I do hate that name). I’ll stick with my plan of giving it 3 issues, but I’m really not into the whole “I’m the only one who can stop this future from happening.” scenario. In a world that’s got Kang, Immortus, Dr. Doom’s time machine and the myriad X-Men who’ve done the “Days of Future Past” thing, I find it hard to believe that Betty feels she has to do this alone. Hopefully the next issue will give me the hook I need to stay with the title.

Time: November 15, 2012, 11:20 am

I understand, but I think you’ll see how it’s different from that kind of scenario by the next issue. Thanks for sticking with us!

Time: November 15, 2012, 11:21 am

I’m suggesting it but not referencing it directly. Most of her interactions with other supers get quickly violent, so there’s little time to talk about those kinds of history points!

Comment from Michael J.N.
    Time: November 16, 2012, 1:14 am

Well if any writer at Marvel has earned some patience from me, it’s you. BTW, any chance of sneaking in some Atlas love in Marvel NOW? Just a little Ken Hale? Or Uranian? Namora?