• SHE Takes Over HULK

Yesterday at San Diego Comicon Marvel announced the Hulk news: as of issue 58, Red She-Hulk becomes the lead! You may have noticed there aren’t many women titles in the superhero adventure world these days, so I’m glad to be given the chance to helm one. I think we have a unique situation with a menacing Hulk as our woman that can make a difference. I’m going to talk about this at length Monday so please check back in.

For more details, I’ll start putting up the articles about the book here.

Marvel.com Announcement
    Comic Book Resources with Dave Richards
    Newsarama Article
    Mtv Geek Interview

Comments

Comment from TanGent
    Time: July 13, 2012, 3:03 pm

This is so unexpectedly awesome.

Hopefully she gets to bring her Big-Ass Sword with her too!

Comment from John
    Time: July 13, 2012, 3:22 pm

Be honest. You’re just the ghost writer for Erica Moen right? I look forward to the adventures of Red She-Hulk.

Time: July 13, 2012, 3:24 pm

SHHH!

Comment from GreenScar90
    Time: July 13, 2012, 6:14 pm

Hmm… this could be interesting. I’ll definitely check it out and I’m hoping for the best.

Still, what is to become of Red Hulk?

What are you not telling us, Jeff? :)

If Red She-Hulk is getting her own title, what about Skaar? I’d kill to see you write a long-running series involving my other favorite Green Goliath.

Can we expect some more news soon on Incredible Hulk, Skaar: Son of Hulk, Red Hulk, and Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts?

I eagerly await to hear more.

Like Moe used to say to Curly & Larry from time to time:

“Something funny is goin’ on here and we’re going to find out just what!”

Comment from David
    Time: July 14, 2012, 1:36 am

Is the Red Hulk going to come back to this series at some point, or is this a permanent thing? I’d like to know because I still have 20+ issues left on my subscription and I’m just not feeling Red She Hulk as a lead character. At all. Sorry.

Time: July 14, 2012, 2:42 am

And that’s my job here, to show how she can not only lead a book, but be great. I hope at some point I’ve earned enough of your trust to roll with us for an arc before you bail, David. JP

Comment from Zeno
    Time: July 14, 2012, 3:03 am

I wish you the best of luck. Betty has been written more inconsistently than any girlfriend in Marvel Comics. It started out with Steven Engleheart and the Harpy storyline. Len Wein did a decent job with her. Mantlo who mostly did a good job on the original Hulk also made her quite unlikeable. John Byrne and Peter David, at least for the most part did a reasonable job. But it the lack of consistent is hard to explain from a writer’s perspective. Do you plan go into this or do you think it is better to simply forgot about these problems and just write her and as you wish and forgot some of those other stories?

Time: July 14, 2012, 3:12 am

I want the book to welcome new readers, so I’m unlikely to touch on any of that, Zeno. You know my stuff, I’m more about playing up what’s best in characterization than doting on old continuity. It’s a very forward-looking story!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: July 14, 2012, 4:41 am

I had a few questions about this current storyline.

This current story is related to Lyra’s timeline of 8009. Will that be touched on in the next two issues? Does the alternate time line and Norman Osbourne’s super hero creating formula come from the motivation to destroy the Mayans?

The two monkeys would not be those two beings who watched A-bomb in the early back up story,would they?

Any more information about the “Dark Samson”? It seemed Dr Strange was not telling the whole story to Ross.

The motivation for the Trojyans for bringing up Ross back to life always seemed vague. Will that be touched on in these next two issues?

Thanks for you time

Comment from yeahaw!
    Time: July 14, 2012, 12:47 pm

hey Jeff,

you have my full trust. keep ‘em coming! YeaHaw!

Time: July 14, 2012, 3:13 pm