• The Comics Reporter Holiday Interview

A lengthy rambling breakdown of my career as I perceive it courtesy Tom Spurgeon, aka He Who Ask The Best Questions.

THE COMICS REPORTER INTERVIEW

Looking back over it, this is probably more telling of me than it should be and may clear up a lot for longtime readers of mine. I don’t know that I needed to say “Gabe Hardman sells a scene” three times or out some of Steve Lieber’s more devious convention practices, but it’s out there now, nothing to do. If you have some time off or everyone’s not back at work yet getting on your case, kick back for a bit and read it.

Comments

Comment from Dalton Chad Everett
    Time: December 29, 2011, 12:16 pm

Great interview, Jeff! Very honest and forthcoming. And you even managed to work in a reference to the much loved Nostalgia Newstand!

Comment from TanGent
    Time: December 29, 2011, 8:13 pm

This interview was really fun, informative, and as cheesy as it may sound, inspirational. Really highlights why reading Jeff Parker’s work has always been and continues to be such a joy.

Time: December 30, 2011, 11:41 am

Excellent interview. I appreciate the honesty with which you answered Spurgeon’s questions. But I appreciate most ‘Ape Company,’ which I’d not read before!

Time: December 30, 2011, 11:57 am

Thank you!

Time: December 30, 2011, 11:58 am

That’s free entertainment for you, a late Christmas present!

Comment from Paul Tobin
    Time: December 31, 2011, 9:51 am

That was a great interview. And your comment about being comfortable writing anything because when you were young you were READING everything, and not making value judgments as to which was more valuable (DC books vs. Harvey books, for instance) makes me wonder if that’s the reason I’m always skipping all over the board… because I love the whole board. I never had that narrow focus, either.

Time: December 31, 2011, 10:38 am

It’s all fun to write, isn’t it?!