• Preview HULK 32 and THUNDERBOLTS 156

Next week, the double-dose. Hulk fights a tornado! And other stuff.
    PREVIEW LINK

The UNDERBOLTS arrive!
    PREVIEW LINK

And it all looks beautiful, make sure your shop puts them aside for you.

Comments

Comment from Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
    Time: April 15, 2011, 12:36 pm

I love, love, LOVE what you’ve been doing with Thunderbolts (and Man-Thing – not just in T-Bolts, but even back in X-Men First Class).

You have helped renew my love and sense of JOY of the medium, which, sadly many modern comics have been eroding away.

I wanted to leave these links – to my two recent blog posts about Thunderbolts # 154 & # 155 – but missed out on your last open comment window.

# 154

# 155

The original intent of my own blog wasn’t to review or critique comics, but yours always elicit such a well-spring of appreciation that I tend to rave about them.

In fact, your work with Man-Thing won one of my “coveted” SANCTY AWARDS for 2010, and T-bolts # 155 with its better-than-any-other-Marvel-writer-in-the-past-few-years treatment of Doctor Strange is a shoe-in for 2011.

Thank you!
    ~P~
    PTOR

Time: April 15, 2011, 1:33 pm

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!

Comment from YeaHaw!
    Time: April 21, 2011, 2:04 pm

brilliant, brilliant! when will this series become immortal?

M

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: April 21, 2011, 7:31 pm

LOVED the new issue!
    This new team has me very excited! Also excited to see Troll’s costume, whatever it might be.

Time: April 21, 2011, 7:54 pm

Thank you very much!

Comment from grey
    Time: April 23, 2011, 4:40 am

Really love what you are doing on Hulk. I don’t know if you ever saw the Prophecy with Chris Walken, but Jacob reminds me a little of the guy that Walken wouldn’t let die, and just had him follow him around. I know- totally obscure.

Time: April 23, 2011, 6:21 am

I never saw it, but I’ll look for it now that you point it out!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 24, 2011, 9:09 am

Jeff, I have been meaning to ask you this for a few months. Was general Fortean’s name inspired by the Fortean society and Charles Fort? Martin Gardern’s Fads and Fallacies in the name of science had a chapter on him so that immediately came to mind.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 24, 2011, 9:23 am

It is too bad that the Rick Jones back up feature is gone. There are a few loose ends I am curious about.

1. The aliens from the first few issues are this back up feature have not been seen again. Do you have any plans to use them any of your books? And are they the same creatures from the Modok’s 11 mini series?

2. Are there any plans to see the Mayans from last issue again?

3. Are they aliens who created the Omegex robot that the Watcher mentioned your creation or have they appeared before?

Time: April 24, 2011, 9:23 am

The name popped into my head in one of those natural ways that I usually accept without question when it happens. Names are often hard for me, so when one comes quickly, I tend to take it.

I was aware of the magazine, sure, so it probably had been hanging around in my subconscious. Years ago i drew of the Big Book of the Unexplained stories for DC/Paradox where Charles Fort was the narrator-host of all the stories. Most likely though, my brain was sorting through military based words and “fort” figured in that way.

Time: April 24, 2011, 9:32 am

Those invisible people ARE the Mayan genius-cult! And I don’t want to spoil anything but well, next year IS 2012…!

Those long-dead aliens who created Omegex were from me, yes.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 24, 2011, 9:46 am

I promise this will be the last question for today.

The library of Alexandria and it’s ancient knowledge from Fall of the hulks Alpha is my favorite concept of yours. Will we be seeing it again soon in any of your books? If so I will definitely be buying it. I know there was a historical library of Alexandria I meant you created the idea of it being the source of Marvel comics knowledge. I also hope you develop the idea of alchemy being related to the power cosmic that you hinted at.

Time: April 24, 2011, 9:49 am

Zeno, do you have access to my computer or something? Or are you just a good guesser? Of course, things may change closer to print time.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 24, 2011, 3:21 pm

Happy Easter Jeff. And thank you for taking the time answer my questions.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: April 25, 2011, 1:58 am

Wow!!!!!

It is great to see two good friends of mine Zeno & Grey here. Hello gentlemen and Happy Easter to you you all and especially young Jeff.

Really loving the questions that you are asking Jeff Zeno. Thanks to Jeff for taking the time to answer them.

Grey my old buddy good to see you here too!

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: April 25, 2011, 2:05 am

PS A point that myself and Zeno have been discussing recently is the old storyline that Al Milgrom hinted at the Bruce and Rick are brothers.

Would that be something you (or the new writer who takes over once Greg goes) will be exploring?

I believe it was hinted at in Incredible Hulk #326. See link provided :-

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 26, 2011, 9:23 pm

Jeff,why would they change this near print? I am curious what Marvel’s motives are.

I wanted to mention there is a excellent story by Isaac Asimov about modern knowledge of the atoms being sent back to Ancient Greece. Have you read this? If you have not,you should. It is more like a detective story. It has a cop in the 1950s,when it was written, investigating a break in at a nuclear power plant. It is called “The Red Queen’s race”.

Time: April 26, 2011, 10:42 pm

Story directions often change when we see what other books are doing, or if a character needs to be somewhere else when we planned to use him, that sort of thing. Nothing sinister!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 27, 2011, 7:03 am

I was just wondering. Did you read the Asimov story I mentioned? If not you should. Asimov had a fascination with ancient history and his story comes up with a science fiction explanation of why the Greeks anticipated modern scientific ideas. At least one modern idea. It is an interesting though impossible explanation.

Time: April 27, 2011, 7:10 am

I have not, but I’ll pick it up sometime it sounds interesting.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 27, 2011, 2:39 pm

It looks like we will see the Shadow people in the next story arc. At least the aliens look like them in the released pages. Is this story just for the two issues 34 and 35? I hope either you or Greg Pak gives them a origin. I will not give out any speculation that might ruin any surprises you and him may have planned, but at least two possible origins for them come to mind.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: April 30, 2011, 9:59 am

Jeff are you writing any other titles on a regular basis besides Thunderbolts and Hulk?