• Bucko! Hulko! Thunderboltso!

First, there’s a new BUCKO out today!
    BUCKOLINK

And a couple of previews of tomorrow’s comics. Like the .1 issue of HULK…

HULKLINK

And Luke Cage and Dr. Strange go hunting for the newest Thunderbolt.

THUNDERLINK

That’s a week fulla comics from me, hope you like ‘em.

Comments

Time: March 16, 2011, 3:33 pm

*SQUEEES*

Dark Beast appearance on the last page of T-Bolts. *Giddy* :D

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: March 16, 2011, 9:56 pm

I am SOOOO excited for the Beta Team! This issue was fantastic! I can’t wait til Troll joins…unless you’re tricking us and she doesn’t join in the end…
    Also, do my eyes deceive me? Are those the B.A.D. Girls Inc on the last page?!

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: March 17, 2011, 12:51 am

Hi Jeff,

Well, I have read both T-Bolts & Hulk. Both excellent issues. Nice to see Satana joining the T-Bolts (also I approve of the Beta Team idea). Which I feel as alot of potential.

The Hulk title is going from strength to strength. I am enjoying the new character of General Fortean (glad to see he is using a version of The Redeemer armour).

Wanted to ask a small favour from you young Jeff. A friend of mine is going to a Comic Con in the UK soon. He will be meeting representative’s from Marvel, DC, Dark Horse amongst others (including the executive from Marvel who recruits talent from Europe, I have forgotten his name). Where he will showing his portfolio to see if he can get a job within the industry as an artist.

He as been told that he needs to provide artwork for a published comic script. He as asked me to ask you to see if you provide one of your published script’s. If not, is there anybody else you could ask on his behalf?

I know that it is a big thing to ask, but I have alot of faith in his abilities and I think he would prefer to work for Marvel if the opportunity arose. The young man’s name is Joe Ward whose links to his artwork I have provided to this very site in the past.

Your assistance would be gratefully appreciated sir.

Kindest regards!

KHM

Time: March 17, 2011, 6:28 am

I have tons of scripts, Marco. Email me at octopus@parkerspace.com and give me an idea of what he’d like to draw.

Time: March 17, 2011, 9:46 am

Man, people are giving you so much crap over that “Army Air Force” thing. Another reason why the internet has ruined comic books. Your reasoning for using that makes perfect sense, but the fanboy reviewers sure love pouncing on any little thing that doesn’t match real life. God, it’s funny books with people in spandex with super powers!

Time: March 17, 2011, 10:02 am

It gives us plausible deniability for a lot of things we have to do where the military doesn’t work the way it does in real life. I also imagine it to be in the wing of the Pentagon that the Coast Guard barely uses, based on my tour of the Pentagon. But it’s intentional, not a mistake- do people think I was around for the earlier version of the military and didn’t get the memo when the branches separated?

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: March 17, 2011, 10:11 am

Thanks Jeff,

I will contact him now and get back to you over the weekend.

Again, thank you sir!

Time: March 17, 2011, 12:25 pm

Just saw the previews for Fear Itself: Home Front on CBR.

Really wish you were doing the Agents of Atlas stories in that book.

So, when we gonna hear more about the T-Bolts or Hulk Fear Itself Tie-Ins?

Time: March 18, 2011, 12:45 am

And speaking of stupid debates…

Jeff, is the character standing at the front of the “Beta Team” candidates Dark Beast or not? Since someone on CBR refuses to believe that it is. And you would know for sure.

Kev drawing him with more of a feline appearance didn’t help. :)

Time: March 18, 2011, 6:19 am

That is Dark Beast.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: March 20, 2011, 6:26 am

Hi Jeff,

Just letting you know that I have just emailed you with my friend’s specs on what he is looking for.

It is really appreciated that you are doing this to help a young talented artist.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Kindest regards!

Marco

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 25, 2011, 11:19 pm

Jeff I really liked Hulk 31. It is probably one of my favorite Hulk related issues you have written. It is almost up there with Fall of the Hulks Alpha. I have a few questions for you about the back up story in this issue.

1. Is the terrible event Lyra refers to related to the Mayan calendar 2012 belief.

2. Is this event related to the Omegex coming to Earth?

3. Was the idea for this story inspired by the science fiction story short story “The women men don’t see” By James Tipree Jr?

If you do not want to some of these questions because they would give too much away that is alright.

Time: March 25, 2011, 11:31 pm

1. Yes!
    2. No!
    3. Never read it, should I?

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 28, 2011, 11:33 pm

Jeff I read the blurb that came with the preview pages of Hulk 34. Will any of the events of 34 and 35 tie in Greg Pak’s last storyline? And is this the Red Hulk only staying on this planet for those two issues? If these questions give too much away that is alright.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 28, 2011, 11:39 pm

I also had a question about your last Agents of Atlas story. Was the name ‘echo people’ influenced by a movie with Crispin Glover? If it was you probably know what movie I mean.

Time: March 29, 2011, 6:30 am

No- I found that online and was glad it wasn’t similar to anything we were doing. It’s hard to find a name someone hasn’t come up with already!

Comment from YeaHaw!
    Time: April 2, 2011, 11:59 am

hey Jeff,

getting into the groove of your Thunderbolts. head the Swamp Thing and the Satana issues today. Really made my day at the playground with my little kid. Cheers for that. Nice team chemistry. Looking forward to more of that.

YeaHaw!