• MAN-THING!!!

THUNDERBOLTS 154 is in shops today, drawrn by Declan Shalvey! Go get it- feel the burn!

Comments

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 2, 2011, 2:16 pm

This looks very good. I wlll be picking up a copy today. The Man Thing has always been one of Marvel’s underrated characters.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 3, 2011, 12:51 am

I just read the issue tonight. It was pretty good. Probably my favorite since the Ghost origin story,which is the first issue of your Thunderbolts run I ever read. Dr Strange guest staring next issue sounds interesting I have a question A incident with Man Thing and Thor is mentioned. What issue did this happen?

Comment from Zeno
    Time: March 3, 2011, 5:24 am

I just wanted to make one more observation. It seems to me that there are two Nexus of reality. The first was seen in shown in the Man Thing series and the second that Dr Strange sent the Hulk to in issue 300. I am curious about this since you have Dr Strange in the next issue and are writing one of the Hulk titles. I far as I know this point has not been addressed anywhere.

Comment from TanGent
    Time: March 3, 2011, 3:10 pm

Its good to see Man-Thing having so many friends that care! He seems especially popular with the ladies…..

Comment from jimmy bishop
    Time: March 4, 2011, 5:02 am

really loved this issue along with the recent ghost issue declan shavey really kicks ass on art any chance we some more thunderbolts work from him in the future. quick question any chance we see a thunderbolts point 1 issue to try and bring in some new readers?

Time: March 4, 2011, 8:29 am

Yes, good chance!

Comment from Drew
    Time: March 7, 2011, 10:05 pm

This was such a great book. Please don’t ever leave the title.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: March 10, 2011, 10:09 am

Hi Jeff,

I have read this book and it was excellent! Has a long time fan of the character it was good to see the innate good of Ted Sallis coming out of the plant.

Has always, keep up the good work!

Kindest regards!

Marco
    PS Yours truly will be celebrating his Birthday in afew days time. I won’t tell how old I will be but, I will tell you that it is NOT the age that I feel!

Time: March 10, 2011, 10:19 am

Happy Birthday, Marco!

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: March 10, 2011, 10:34 am

Thanks Jeff,

Just wanted to say that when General Fortean makes his debut I will be first in line to get it and that is no lie!

I would ask that when he does the explaining of where he got the suit from I do hope that you tie it to the Redeemer armour that The Leader created as well as the exo-suits that The Gremlin created in the past.

I do think that would be pretty cool indeed to see and I am sure that other old-timer’s would appreciate the heads up.

Your thoughts young man?

Comment from Kevin J. Maroney
    Time: March 10, 2011, 8:21 pm

“You should never have come here.”

I saw what you did there! Subtle and clever.

It’s very disconcerting to watch a whole generation of brilliant comics writers coming on stage who grew up reading Alan Moore and Grant Morrison.

Time: March 10, 2011, 10:13 pm

So clever I didn’t know I was doing it! But of course I read ALL of those Swamp Things, so who knows what else is going to bubble to the surface. I caught a bit like that I did in the original Agents of Atlas and then realized it was a straight riff on a scene from Watchmen- EMbarrassing. Or as I’ll say if ever interviewed about it- ‘that was homage!’

Comment from Kevin J. Maroney
    Time: March 11, 2011, 6:43 am

Samuel R. Delany has a great standard answer when people say things about his writings that he hadn’t intended: “Most people don’t notice that about my work.”

As to subconscious influences, Swamp Thing also shouts, “You should not have come here!” at the climax of his confrontation with Arcane in issue 31. So the phrase is overdetermined….

Great fun. Thanks for the good comics!

Comment from Zemo
    Time: March 13, 2011, 2:32 pm

To be honest I’m not a big fan of your present incarnation of the Thunderbolts. BUT I must say that THIS particular issue was a great way to explore Man-Thing’s presence into the team. And that was a good way to explain Ted Sallis’s background to the rest of the group.