• All Hail BUCKO!

It’s a big day! Startoonist (I just made that up) Erika Moen and I are launching BUCKO, our new webcomic. Erika has just put up the first three strips and the next will go up Friday, for a Tuesday-Friday publishing schedule. It’s about young adults in a town very similar to where Erika and I both live, becoming embroiled in a murder/mystery, sorta. I hope you enjoy it, and spread it like a hybrid of Kudzu and English Ivy until it blankets the internet thoroughly and pervasively.

I’ll talk about it more later, but for now- go read the first three BUCKOS at buckocomic.com…

Comments

Time: February 1, 2011, 9:25 am

Looks like an enjoyable webcomic, Jeff.

Never been a big webcomic fan, there was one I followed with any regularity. But I like what I see so far. Strange name though…. “A Dick and Fart Joke Murder-Mystery?” Just to be quirky I assume?

Looking forward to see more of the series. Good luck with it!

Time: February 1, 2011, 10:01 am

That’s Erika’s own genre name she created- it works though technically I don’t think we make dick or fart jokes anywhere. We do far worse than that, the intro is fairly tame!

Time: February 1, 2011, 10:36 am

Good to hear. I never once thought you were gonna go low brow with the jokes, but thanks for the info behind the name. And I doubt it’s much worse, at least classy wise, than dick and fart jokes. I have faith. :)

Comment from TanGent
    Time: February 1, 2011, 4:55 pm

Oh this is great!

I love the “infinite-rage” symbol. Like, I need it on a T-shirt or Luchador mask or something so I can wear it, a lot.

Time: February 1, 2011, 4:57 pm

Yes, the “Infinite-Rage” symbol is ripe for marketing the hell out of.

T-Shirts, Hats, Coffee Mugs. Get on it Jeff. :D

Comment from Bruce Quast
    Time: February 2, 2011, 10:11 am

I enjoyed these first episodes of “Bucko”! Looking forward to seeing more!

Comment from Doug Dorr
    Time: February 3, 2011, 7:25 am

I would to see Bucko go by Stumptown Investigations. I love the web comic.

Comment from Greg Burgas
    Time: February 3, 2011, 8:46 pm

About damned time. I’ve been looking forward to this since San Diego last year. I just have to believe it’s your slowness that has caused me to wait so long, because Moen is too freakin’ awesome to be so very cruel. I already love it, obviously, and look forward to more. The absolute best thing about it is the exasperated expression on that one motorist’s face while he’s waiting on the bridge. I know that expression well. That’s why Moen kicks ass. What exactly do you bring to the table, Parker???? (Okay, the shirt gag is funny.)

Time: February 3, 2011, 9:03 pm

For the inevitable book we’ll use the full title- Bucko: The Greg Burgas Story.

Comment from Tromeritus
    Time: February 7, 2011, 12:14 am

I’m loving it, and I TOTALLY want an infinite rage shirt, but some arrows would be nice! I dig Erika’s art, but the panel placement is a wee bit confusing in spots.