• A new WORD BALLOON Interview! And THUNDERBOLTS with Monsters.

My yearly long chat with John Siuntres is now live at Word Balloon, the grandest podcast about comics on the internet. We finally don’t talk about Planet of the Apes and actually deal with what I’m working on lately- for a minute, before we digress into Rambletown.

Link for Word Balloon

And today in THUNDERBOLTS 152, the team take on a new member and go to Japan to fight ginormous monsters. I mean, really really big ones as only Kev Walker could have done. It is quite a sight, go grab it!

Comments

Comment from Michael May
    Time: January 26, 2011, 9:42 am

Yay for giant monsters!

I mean, Boo! Kick their asses, Thunderbolts!

Time: January 26, 2011, 5:29 pm

Ooooooo, an hour and a half podcast with Jeff Parker?

Awesome!! Plus it’s Part 1 of 2. So I can’t wait to listen. :)

Hope we get some teases of that Beta Team thing from T-Bolts.

Time: January 26, 2011, 5:47 pm

Speaking of Exiles. Any chance you could ever do an issue of Hulk or T-Bolts where your team of Exiles showed up to do something to repair something? I kinda miss those guys. :(

Time: January 26, 2011, 6:02 pm

*Feels guilty for having no faith in Matt Fraction’s Fear itself.*

Sorry Jeff… just Fraction has let me down one too many times. As a lifelong X-Men fan, his run was so painfully bad that I finally dropped all of my X-Books. I just couldn’t stand what he was doing to the universe. And seeing that reflected in all of the books just was too painful to enjoy anymore. So I have little faith that Fear Itself is going to be any good from what I have seen from Fraction, and what has been released so far about the book. Sucks is a strong word, but well… I kinda want to feel that way. But it is bringing back the Agents of Atlas for a 4-Part Story in Home Front. So I guess I can’t hate the whole event…. even though I wish it was written by you. I worry everytime someone else uses them.

Also, sorry I keep dropping comments. i am trying to post when my thoughts are current when listening to the podcast. I’ll try to hush up now and give someone else a turn. :D

Comment from Zeno
    Time: February 14, 2011, 6:34 pm

Jeff,is there any chance we are going to see the Galaxy Master in upcoming issues of either the Hulk or Thunderbolts?

Time: February 14, 2011, 7:02 pm

Well, no.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: February 15, 2011, 2:35 am

I have a two more questions if you don’t mind me asking. 1. Any the Galaxy Master might appear in anyone else’s books in the next few months? 2. Are there other bad guys in tcoming out in Hulk 30 aside from the ones mentioned in the solicits?

Time: February 15, 2011, 7:15 am

Why are you suddenly on this Galaxy Master kick, Zeno? I don’t know of any GM appearances, but that doesn’t mean anything. He could be getting ready somewhere!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: February 15, 2011, 12:28 pm

I wanted to tell you the back up story with the Watcher last issue was interesting. Are the Dargallans and Kyrhid new alien races? I wasn’t sure so I did a google search. There was not anything on them I am guessing you created them.

By the way it is nice to see that Woodgod is back. He is one of my favorite of Bill Mantlo’s creations. Between him, Xemmu and the Impossible Man that looks it will be a really interesting issue.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: February 16, 2011, 8:13 am

Hello gentlemen,

Well I am getting this issue today so there! I will give my review tomorrow.

Comment from Zeno
    Time: February 16, 2011, 3:03 pm

Jeff, I just finished Hulk 30. You have Rick Jones in a back up story again. That reminded me that we haven’t seen the aliens who were observing him a few issues back. They look like the aliens from the future that were in Modok’s 11. Are they the same ones?

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: February 17, 2011, 1:16 am

Good question Zeno,

I guess we will have to wait and see my friend regarding the aliens in the backup story.

I have read the issue, it was very funny. It reminded me of some of the comedy issue’s that PAD used to do during his famous run.

My only criticism is the introduction of another Hulk clone. Besides that I give the issue a grade A-.

THe thing I wanted to talk about is the latest issue of the Thunderbolts. That was a grade A+. I take it is a given that Hyperion is dead?

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: February 20, 2011, 8:11 am

Just thought I’d share this bit of good news with you and your other fans.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED YOUNG MAN!

Enjoy!