• Throw Me a THUNDERBOLT

There’s a poll at Marvel.com with some suggestions for villains, but you can also write in your own option! Someone who already exists as a Marvel bad guy, of course. Spread the word far!

LINK TO THE POLL

Comments

Time: December 20, 2010, 6:12 pm

Dark Beast! Dark Beast!! Dark Beast!!!

I was shocked to see him on the list. But he would be a great addition to the cast. And nobody seems to be using him now. And could have easily been locked up after Norman’s regime fell. And we’ve seen him in a prison environment before. Loved when he bit off and swallowed one of his guard’s thumbs. :D

The team needs a twisted field medic type of character. Plus he’ll be a fun addition to the cast, seeing him screw with everyone else on the team. He might almost be more manipulative than Moonstone. And would be fun to see him play off Ghost. Woo!!

Time: December 20, 2010, 6:28 pm

Wondering how long it would take you to notice that…

Time: December 20, 2010, 6:33 pm

What can I say…

I love the character. And for a long time he was off limits for being used.

That whole nonsense of the AoA refugees being confusing concepts. Biggest issue with the refugees is that other than Doc and Holocaust, they were pretty mehtastic characters. Especially Sugar Man. Bleh.

It was great when CC used him in Excalibur (Genosha), and then he kept popping up here and there. But he’s like the best of both worlds when it comes to Beast. He has the classic “Apeman” design, but with a warped and twisted morality. So hell yeah, he would be awesome in T-Bolts. Even if he was getting his ass kicked around all the time. That’s half the fun.

Comment from TanGent
    Time: December 20, 2010, 7:58 pm

Hey where’s the Typhoid Mary option?

She gets snubbed as Luke and Jewel’s nanny and now this?

Ah well, I suppose Batroc or Sandman will have to make do. ;)

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: December 20, 2010, 8:54 pm

Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior

WordPress, for making me pad this out because just saying it once was “too short” to be a valid comment.

Comment from Scott McBride
    Time: December 21, 2010, 10:38 am

I suggested Arclight, but I can’t even see if suggestions are accounted for as part of the Poll. Why Arclight? I don’t like the character and find she’s been used as a “throwaway” villain with little personality …… which would make her perfect for Thunderbolt treatment. Seriously — mutant, WOMAN, former MILITARY, Geopowers? Character has potential — and could add a heckuvalot to this team that is not there. Just a suggestion ….

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: December 21, 2010, 12:31 pm

A few suggestions; Hardcase and the Harriers (even though they are not really villains), Bloodscream, Death’s Head, Lockheed, the Gladiator from Daredevil (who is actually in jail and deserves some redemption), Elektra or maybe a captured Jimmy Woo….who might even have his own agenda for letting himself get caught!

Time: December 21, 2010, 2:26 pm

I don’t think Death’s Head would really work.

Especially since we last seen him in S.W.O.R.D.

As for Jimmy Woo and the Agents of Atlas, I think they’re pretty much cleared after the last team-up with the Avengers. When the revealed they weren’t really villains.

Comment from Aaron
    Time: December 21, 2010, 7:32 pm

I have to applaud you and Marvel for putting democracy in action for this endeavor, I have (like many people) have my picks, some perspective members to consider, The Human Fly & Turner D.Century (the ones Hood resurrected) Kev could have a ball drawing the Human Fly (acidic fly vomit & all), and I have a feeling you might watch Mad Men so Turner D could be a treat to write, & Thunderball

Comment from Jesse (T-Bolts Reader)
    Time: December 24, 2010, 10:13 am

Hey Mr. Jeff Parker,

I hope you read this. I have an idea. Currently the Shocker is winning the poll, and Madame Masque is only trailing behind by a few percentages. Both of them are really doinating the poll by a landslide. How about instead of one new member, you add two? You could add both the Shocker & Madame Masque since the fans are liking both of them so much.

The Shocker is my favorite Spider-Man villain, and I’d love him to join T-Bolts. But I am most interested in Madame Masque to join the T-Bolts. Here is why……..
    The Thunderbolts just fought the Avengers. Luke Cage has a history a rebelling against Iron Man & the other Avenger teams. That goes back all the way to Cage being the leader of the New Avengers, and rebelling against the Super Human Act. I believe having Madame Masque join the T-Bolts after all of that has happened would only strain the relationship between the T-Bolts and the Avengers. I believe this would make the T-Bolts more of their own team, seperating them more from the Avengers. I believe this would make the story only juicer. I why more juicer you ask? Because Madame Masque was one of the lead villains behind the Avengers old problems with the Hood & Siege. Madame Masque on the T-Bolts would raise some Avenger eyeborws in the marvel universe. Plus a chance to continue on from the old story.

But I’m not greedy, so how about you (Jeff Parker) add both the Shocker & Madame Masque? And then you could shock all the fans by giving them not one but two new members. And these two new members seem to be in high demand on that poll.

Thank you for your time & Merry Christmas!

Time: December 24, 2010, 10:32 am

Jesse, since it’s the holidays I’ll share some with you- I may have been misleading by making it sound like only ONE of the results would end up a ‘Bolt. So you may be closer than you think!
    Have a great Christmas, and thank you for reading Thunderbolts. JP

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: December 26, 2010, 11:23 am

Happy Holidays Jeff,

I thought I’d drop by and add my two cents worth.

Characters that I feel will add some spice to the T-Bolts include the now former Venom (Mac Gargan) who is now desperate since losing his other.

The Rhino (either the new guy if he isn’t dead or the original) when Juggernaut isn’t available.

Quicksand instead of Sandman. Add another powerful female to the team.

Ion who isn’t a villain but is trapped in a containment suit due to an lab accident.

Lastly, the Sabretooth from the Seven Seas Tigershark (classic look). Team needs someone who is bad to bone and pretends (or does he?) that he is looking to reform.

Comment from Zajdalen
    Time: January 4, 2011, 2:09 pm

Hi Jeff
    Please one of the T-Bolt must be Shocker. He’s great. Super costume. Good powers. Nice background. And he deserves some spotlight.

Comment from Zajdalen
    Time: January 4, 2011, 2:10 pm

*T-Bolts – sorry

Comment from terri
    Time: January 11, 2011, 3:13 pm

Madame Masque would be great on the T-Bolts!