• THUNDERBOLTS 150! HULK 27! GET!

This is an action packed day, hope you enjoy.

Comments

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: November 17, 2010, 12:21 pm

You can rely on me Jeff! Anyway, how have you been keeping? You haven’t be on as much as usual. Is everything okay? Kindest regards! Marco

Time: November 17, 2010, 12:26 pm

Yeah, thanks for asking Marco. I’ve just been trying to stay off the internet lately, do real-world stuff like work on my house and car, and of course, write. It’s good for my head!

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: November 17, 2010, 1:13 pm

Both on my pull-list already. Please tell me there some Thor vs Juggy action going on inside as well? That idea just makes my inner fanboy go “Yippee!”

Time: November 17, 2010, 1:27 pm

There surely is, Chris.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: November 17, 2010, 1:33 pm

I hear what you are saying! Literally, I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine earlier today. The internet though fun, is a very seductive mistress. Sometimes you forget what is important and neglect your responsibilities. I too have been guilty of that.

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: November 17, 2010, 2:05 pm

Excellent milestone issue! Superb!
    But that last page man, you’re a meanie!

Time: November 17, 2010, 2:10 pm

I know.

Comment from Stroheim
    Time: November 17, 2010, 5:58 pm

Hello Mr. Parker.
    Any chance for individual miniseries for the members of Thunderbolts like you did with ATLAS? I’d kill for a Songbird or a U.S.Agent mini.

Time: November 17, 2010, 6:16 pm

I will pass that on! There will focus issues, at least.

Comment from Cor
    Time: November 17, 2010, 11:14 pm

Great issue as ever! I loved that the battles were mostly psychological and that Luke really showed that he is the ‘Bolts leader even while being pissed off with the team.

One quick question if you don’t mind? The “true self” images in Frog’s pool. They’re insightful and clever. But there’s one I can’t quite figure out–the third image of Juggernaut, the cyborg-looking one. (Kudos on having the images change, by the way. Marko seems a much deeper and conflicted character than many writers seem to depict, and you do it well with him and with other characters.)

Tin Man Cain who only needs a heart, foreshadowing an epic Songbird/Juggernaut romance? Cain as the Terminator? Cain armored emotionally against that big ol’ cruel world? Man, it’s like figuring out an episode of Lost here! ;)

Tongue in cheek aside, I’d be interested in your thoughts behind that particular panel if you can share them or if it’s not a spoiler for things to come. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to the next issue already!

Time: November 17, 2010, 11:26 pm

Thank you. I’m hesitant to explain too much, because that drains the magic out of storytelling. It’s why I often won’t watch DVD commentary, I’ve had a few movies ruined for me after the director told too much! But I would say you’re close.

Comment from Cor
    Time: November 17, 2010, 11:35 pm

Fair enough on that, and I can appreciate that point of view. I’ll be watching for that epic romance in future issues then! Kidding, kidding.

Comment from TanGent
    Time: November 19, 2010, 12:11 am

Everything about the Frog was AMAZING. His look. His dialogue. His story-arc. Bravo.

The rest was great too, but that Frog was something else!

Time: November 19, 2010, 9:28 am

Thank you. Mr. Frog got a big following pretty quick, I wasn’t expecting that!

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: November 19, 2010, 9:23 pm

Talking frogs are quite an oddity.

Comment from bp
    Time: November 20, 2010, 4:28 pm

I held a brief, fleeting hope that Mr. Frog would return to join with the Thunderbolts. Excellent issue.

Comment from Aaron
    Time: November 22, 2010, 4:39 am

Picked up TBolts 150, I LOVED Mr.Frog & the “Reflection Pond” (very Moebius/Vaughn Bode inspired, I have an uncle who collected Heavy Metal {from issue #1, on}, and I own Airtight Garage), and is it wrong that I found Frog’s end LOL hilarious?
    Even though Crossbones washed out of the TBolts program, I do hope Mr.Bones is around in some capacity (I don’t think he handles rejection very well ;) ) Kudos to you and Kev Walker, and here’s hoping the 2 of you are aboard for the next 150.