• ATLAS 5 LANDS TODAY

The end of their book as you know it! I may add to this later today with some looks back.

Comments

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: September 29, 2010, 10:57 am

Hi Jeff, I will be getting this as I have feeling it will contain more than it’s fair share of surprises. I am quietly confident (wink!, wink!) that the agents will return soon. Good luck! Thank you for everything.

Comment from TanGent
    Time: September 29, 2010, 4:26 pm

Wow. I realize I am a biased Atlas die-hard, but that rocked on so many levels.(and dimensions!) I don’t want to spoil it for anyone so I’ll try to be brief.

I LOVED the beautifully illustrated middle sequence with the team reflecting on why they are a family. I also did an audible “HECK YES” when a certain somebody made themself visible in the echo-world. Plenty more moments that I enjoyed too, like the insight into the “Earth 2″ Avengers or the very ATLAS-y ending.

So even though this was a conclusion to the series, I was really excited by the time the final page was turned, energized to see what comes next for the gang. And I don’t care how many years down the line that is or if it’s only a page long, I’ll be first in line there rockin’ my “I’m with Lao” t-shirt.

So thanks for all the AWESOMENESS, Jeff and keep up the good work on Rulk and the Thunderbolts… May they bring you much deserved success and recognition!

-Heath-

Time: September 29, 2010, 4:35 pm

Thank you!

Comment from John Derrick
    Time: September 29, 2010, 8:36 pm

Beautiful finale. The “guest artist” and text sequences really made the issue a special event, the latter nicely reminiscent of the “Menace from Space” online epic that helped kick the series off.

My only, small complaint? I admit I was hoping we’d finally see Bob and Venus make a move toward romance. We got a hint during the Hercules back-ups, and they deserve the happy. C’mon, Venus/Uranus: it’s a match made in the heavens!

*Ducks*

Anyway.

Thank you, Mr. Parker, your artists and editors and everyone else involved for an amazing ride through all the Atlas series and tie-ins. Wherever and whenever that saucer soars in next, I look forward to being there.

Comment from Scott McBride
    Time: September 30, 2010, 8:48 am

Jeff,

Well done. I was disappointed that most of us did not find our questions and comments on the final letter page – but you had a limited amount of space to do a heckuva lot, so c’est la vie.

One thing I found interesting was how you reverted to writing a good deal of text — twice – instead of putting in pictures what was happening. I presume this was in consideration of the limited number of pages. Did you realize, however, that this also led me to think back to the Golden Age of Comics when there would be one or two page spreads of a stand-alone story plugged into the comics? It had me laugh — the last issue of the “Atlas-Era” heroes beckoned back to the “Atlas-Era” tradition of no-picture storytelling in the middle of the comic.

As for the story – nice. Now that Bob is officially physically ugly, l agree with John Derrick, I also would hope that Venus – the Goddess of Love who looks beyond such things – would express affection for Bob in a romantic manner. Right now, Bob sometimes appears alien in his mannerisms, and other times, he is warm and caring – back and forth. Venus would be a great love connection to the man who sees himself as alone in this world — physically and mentally.

That’s the focus I’m so glad you pointed out in the end (and yay for adding the 3D-man FINALLY to the mix) — these folks are all, in their way, unique. Ape Man, Hybrid Underwater Queen, Siren turned Goddess, Living Machine, Head of a Dynasty, Human-turned-Alien – all so different, but all so AWESOME. A family in their way. Thanks, Jeff.

Good Luck in the future. I really, really, really hope that you get to write some of those stories you never got to tell in a mini-series or an Annual/Special/One-Shot Event. The world would be a better place for it.

Time: September 30, 2010, 8:59 am

I hated not being able to run all the letters, but as you point out, I inserted a lot of text pages- good going, picking up on the practice of the two text page stories, that’s what I was going for- now we qualify for magazine shipping rates in 1956!

Also the double text page was a good place to do a nod to the online story we originally promoted the book with, and since it was supposed to be a non-physical place that you couldn’t see, prose worked best.

I just want to write the ongoing adventures of Chang and Lao now!

Comment from Cole Moore Odell
    Time: September 30, 2010, 7:18 pm

Fantastic, satisfying send-off, of the best kind in comics: “…and then they had a million more crazy adventures you’ll have to imagine!” Thanks for so many great issues, and for making these forgotten characters viable parts of the Marvel Universe–which has been (and I hope, will continue to be) more *fun* thanks to your writing and their presence.

Comment from Lee
    Time: October 4, 2010, 3:47 pm

Atlas was great and that’s an understatement-the only good thing about this is that we get to see you keep working on other titles. Still,i hope you get a chance to see what the agents are up to some time again,the stories rocked. Well done.

Comment from butvh
    Time: October 6, 2010, 11:29 pm

Terrific issue, I don’t know, “elegant” seems to be the word that comes to mind. And like Mr. TanGent, instead of being sad or depresses, I’m inside kind of enthused to see where the team will pop up next (I know Venus will be in Chaos War– I’m kinda hoping we get some kind of Chaos War: Atlas mini or one-shot).

And I will forever hate Ramon Rosanas for being able to draw this book. Wait for me, Atlas…!

John Derrick — c’mon man, it’s Ken and Venus that’re gonna hook up! As for their couple name, yep, “Kenus” sounds about right. =p

Enjoyed the wacky format with the 3 artists, collage recaps, Chang’s running diary, and the text-stuff. It made the issue seem “bigger” than it was somehow, well worth the price of admission.

There’s an Agents of Atlas group up on Facebook by the way. Not too active, but it’s somewhere we can drop in at from time to time.

Comment from bp
    Time: October 7, 2010, 5:54 am

Thank you for this comic. It has been my favorite on the stands from issue 1 of the mini.

Comment from YeaHaw!
    Time: October 14, 2010, 3:35 am

Yai to Jeff and all people involved!
    Hope to see you and the agnts back soon!

Best,
    Mirko, YeaHaw!

Comment from Brian M.
    Time: October 22, 2010, 6:54 pm

A fitting send off for the team.

Thanks, Jeff, it was a great ride.