• THUNDERBOLTS 148 Out Today!

With special Irish Guest Artist, Declan Shalvey!

Come see the ninjas.
    JP

Comments

Comment from L0N
    Time: September 15, 2010, 2:00 pm

Ninjas a you promise?

Time: September 15, 2010, 2:18 pm

I swear.

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: September 16, 2010, 6:12 am

It’s good to see that you weren’t talking about the rats.

Time: September 16, 2010, 6:32 am

After reading the preview, I only have two things to say…

“Ninja, Please.”

Jeff, you have managed to make Luke Cage even more awesome.

Time: September 16, 2010, 6:36 am

Thank you Beast.

Comment from mark coale
    Time: September 17, 2010, 6:43 pm

Anytime you get “NORBERT~!” as a line of dialogue, +1

Comment from Chuck Williams
    Time: September 23, 2010, 1:57 pm

Mr. Parker, I’m posting this as an apology to you. I formally apologise for my intention to make Thunderbolts #150 my last issue of this series for the forseeable future, and wish to state that it is in no way due to the quality of the story or art, both of which are quite excellent and entertaining.
    The simple fact is, I decided some time ago that I was unwilling to pay $3.99 for an ongoing comic series with a standard page count, and have been removing books from my pull list accordingly. With the disappointing news (according to the December solicitations) that Thunderbolts will be joining the ranks of the overpriced monthlies as of #151, I am reluctantly taking Thunderbolts off of my list after #150.
    I regret that I will not be continuing to support this book and enjoying further T-Bolts stories from you; I’m still disappointed that Marvel did not allow you to go further with Exiles than what saw print. I hope that Thunderbolts continues as a successful series, and that the price increase does not negatively impact on sales. However, if, at some future point, Marvel decides (again) that Thunderbolts does not merit further publication, please point out to the powers that be that any flagging sales might have more to do with increasing the cover price by one third than loss of reader interest.

Time: September 23, 2010, 2:24 pm

Sorry to hear that- but- we do have 30 pages of original content, there are 8 page B stories in Hulk. Which, based on price divided by page count, comes out as the same for your money. No comics publisher listens to the creative team when setting price points, there’s nothing I can do.

Comment from Chuck Williams
    Time: September 23, 2010, 3:19 pm

Oh, I understand that the price is determined by the publisher. This is just a personal thing that goes along with my decision to eliminate $3.99 monthlies–that I try to apologise where I can to creators for dropping a book when it’s the price and not the quality of the book that’s to blame. (I usually send a private e-mail, but didn’t see a contact link, so I posted here.) And it’s not the price per page that makes the difference for me–it’s the extra dollar per issue that I don’t always have to spare, especially when it becomes several extra dollars as more books increase in price.