• ATLAS 4 and THUNDERBOLTS 147- KABOOOM

Today is when it all blows up- do not miss these issues! You’ll want to read Avengers Academy first for the crossover, Thunderbolters. And Atlas fans, don’t get hysterical in the comments, I don’t want to have to bring you water and a paper bag to breathe into.

Comments

Comment from Sandy Jarrell
    Time: August 18, 2010, 8:52 am

Atlas cover: super-awesome

Comment from Brian M.
    Time: August 18, 2010, 9:14 am

A happy/sad day as we get a new issue of (Agents of) Atlas, but it is the last issue for the forseeable future.

Time: August 18, 2010, 10:01 am

No, there’s one more!

Comment from bp
    Time: August 18, 2010, 10:54 am

Atlas is such a beautiful book. Thanks to you (and Hardman).

Comment from Al
    Time: August 18, 2010, 3:08 pm

Hey! I loved that ‘What If?’! Another great issue! I hope we see some Venus, Khanata and Namora kicking ass in the final issue too. Will the final issue be double-sized? Also, yuck, Bob.

Comment from Heath B. Cole
    Time: August 18, 2010, 4:12 pm

So Much Awesome!!!!! It should be illegal to make two series this Awesome, I mean Jeff, You guys are making so many other books look BAD! But hey keep it up, everyone needs something to aspire to!

Oh and you must promise me that Rulk will rock the stache in your Hulk book! Why? If Axe Cop has taught me anything it is that that nothing is more powerful than a man with a mustache. NOTHING.

Time: August 18, 2010, 5:05 pm

Heath, we’re going to have a summit just to settle this for the future. WILL RED HULK ROCK THE ‘STACHE???

Comment from Heath B. Cole
    Time: August 18, 2010, 5:25 pm

Yes! I AM EXCITE! You know you want it too! I mean come on, it makes too much sense!

Comment from Al
    Time: August 18, 2010, 7:37 pm

Oh my God! I got goosebumps at “I’m the POWER MAN!”.

Comment from ratchet
    Time: August 18, 2010, 8:08 pm

Red rockin’ the stache at this point wouldn’t make any sense… not that it made much sense that it wasn’t there in the first place… but I digress….

Comment from Heath B. Cole
    Time: August 18, 2010, 8:34 pm

Rulk, making sense? You crack me up! But hey It’d be AWESOME and you have to remember, the original Hulk didn’t start off Green, neither did Beast start out blue and hairy. Plus it is common knowledge that mustaches increase your Bad-Ass level by like 1000 points so uh yeah.

Time: August 19, 2010, 4:59 am

I wouldn’t say Red Hulk not having the stache didn’t make sense.

After all, Banner used to rock a stubbly beard for a while that didn’t translate to the Hulk.

But yes, something needs to happen to cause Rulk to start rocking the soup strainer.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: August 19, 2010, 10:38 am

I don’t know if you guys have read Hulk #24 yet but, without giving to much away Jeph Loeb as set up the Red Hulk in the story to be used by the Avengers as their secret weapon on the really dangerous missions. If I am reading it right, the potential is there for the character to be thrown into the mix of some really interesting new stories and interacting with some new characters (ie, the other Avengers teams). Man, Red Hulk with the Secret Avengers anybody? Jeff my friend, I have a feeling you are going to enjoy playing with your new shiny red toy!

Time: August 19, 2010, 2:07 pm

If you haven’t been following the solicits, he’ll be in Avengers.

Comment from J. Zeedrich
    Time: August 19, 2010, 3:20 pm

Atlas #4 rocked the party! It’s good to see the comic able to go out with a bang. Incidentally, for those who may be interested: While going through my comics I found issue #15 of “Golden-Age Men of Mystery” published by AC Comics. The first half of the issue is all about Captain 3-D, the Joe Simon and Jack Kirby creation that served as the inspiration for Roy Thomas’ original 3-D Man. It even features a short essay by Thomas. Most of you probably aren’t the uber-geek that I am, but I thought it was an interesting bit of comic history. BTW, I found this issue in the $.50 bin, so it would probably be cheap.

Comment from ratchet
    Time: August 19, 2010, 6:10 pm

Good Luck with Hulk #25 Parker – you have some… well, actually, anything you do with the book has to be better than what Loeb did with it!

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: August 19, 2010, 10:49 pm

Hi Beast, thanks for the info. Just saying Jeph as shown the fans in his final issue how Red Hulk finds himself in that position.

Comment from Chris
    Time: August 20, 2010, 3:56 am

I just want to say I’m really enjoying how you’re writing Juggernaut.

Comment from Songbird/Diamondback
    Time: August 20, 2010, 9:11 am

I think I owe you an apology Mr. Parker.
    I was very skeptical and worried about the new direction of the Thunderbolts. I was uneasy about the first three issues as well. I didn’t know how anything would work and the crossovers seem like they would overtake the story.
    In this issue, you have managed to shut up all the doubts and cynicism I had about where the team was heading. This was possibly the most airtight and exhilarating issue I read in a long time. The spreads of the three fights going on at the same time were brilliant.
    I am sorry that I doubted you Mr. Parker. You will not be hearing complaints from me in the future. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Comment from Scott McBride
    Time: August 20, 2010, 12:56 pm

What the ****? Bob was turned into some freakish, ugly alien form right out of a 1950s horror film? What???? Jeff, did you always plan to transform him physically in this way? Ever since that first “upchuck my stomach” scene in the diner oh-so-long-ago? I’ll admit, I understand why you did it (50s theme and all), but I was sad as well — it kinda delegates our resident space boy into a freakish bit character that no kid will want to play on the playground. If he can change old Jimmy into young Jimmy, why can’t he turn his ugly alien body back into the Bob we all have known and loved since the 50s?

Time: August 20, 2010, 12:58 pm

Can I use your question in a final letters column Scott?

Comment from Scott McBride
    Time: August 20, 2010, 1:23 pm

Oh yes, my friend. Without question (sniff – final column). Just leave out the “What the ****?” :)

Comment from yeahaw
    Time: August 22, 2010, 12:04 pm

Mr. Parker,

with respect to the last three comments I have to say that you are a very considerate writer. Cool!

Comment from Scott McBride
    Time: August 23, 2010, 11:17 am

Hey, Jeff, is that Venus on the preview cover of Chaos War #2? Are we to expect our Atlas friends in the Chaos War?