• THUNDERBOLTS 145 and NAMORA 1 out now

Go get ‘em! I got lucky and got one of the Ramona Fradon covers. If you don’t know her, she’s an industry legend and designed the character Metamorpho. But what’s weird is that NAMORA and RAMONA are anagrams.

Comments

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: June 24, 2010, 9:50 am

Both on my pull-list, and hopefully, allowing for the unpredictability of the Irish postal service, both should be in my possession by this day next week.

Time: June 24, 2010, 10:16 am

Haven’t managed to pick up my books for the last couple weeks. Either sick or hot. But I can’t wait to read them both given the previews. T-Bolts especially looks fantastic. Namora isn’t my favorite Atlas member, so I’m glad it’s only a one-shot.

Can’t wait for Gorilla Man’s miniseries though.
    So who’s next? M-11: The Human Robot one-shot? I can dream.

Comment from Christian LIpski
    Time: June 24, 2010, 10:24 am

Hey, is that “Allred” I see below Ramona’s name? Did Laura Allred do the colors or something? I know she and Michael Allred did the recent Metamorpho story with Neil Gaiman.

Comment from Christian LIpski
    Time: June 24, 2010, 10:25 am

Oh duh, Michael Allred also goes by “Doc”, and it says “Allred M.D.”

Comment from Christian LIpski
    Time: June 24, 2010, 10:26 am

And a minimum of internet research indicates that Allred did the inks. Sheesh!

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: June 24, 2010, 10:28 am

Time: June 24, 2010, 11:48 am

I don’t know.

Time: June 24, 2010, 11:49 am

I was going to answer you, but you beat me to it!

Time: June 24, 2010, 12:19 pm

“How many copies did you have to order to get the Fradon cover? Because my shop got 10, but no Ramona.”

They were both available under seperate item numbers, so you could choose which cover you wanted. Your shop probably took the lazy way out and just ordered 10 of the same cover instead of splitting it. Midtown has copies of the Fradon cover available for $2.79.

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: June 24, 2010, 1:01 pm

(Both covers available under different orders.)

I was afraid that was the case. The first time Marvel is a good corporate citizen, and I forget to take advantage.

Comment from Eric Gimlin
    Time: June 24, 2010, 1:23 pm

I haven’t been to the store this week, but with any luck they’re holding both for me. For a while now I’ve been buying all the Atlas related variants. I normally dislike ratio variants on principle, and I don’t like buying more than one copy of a book either. But put them together when I want to show a title more than normal support and it somehow works for me. Two wrongs make a right in this case.

Comment from butch
    Time: June 25, 2010, 6:42 pm

Agh, hope my shop got both covers!!!

Comment from Cole Moore Odell
    Time: June 26, 2010, 6:26 pm

Metamorpho sure (and in my childhood, SuperFriends), but more pertinently to Namora she drew some of the best-looking Aquaman comics ever–a bunch of which are collected in the crazy-fun Aquaman Archives Vol. 1.

Time: June 27, 2010, 8:33 am

Jeff…..

You got some ‘Splaining to do…

Comment from Butch
    Time: June 27, 2010, 1:04 pm

YA SRSLY. Saw the solicit myself yesterday. I know Gabe can draw like a machine, but can he handle two books?

Sidenote: The artists– Sara AND Rachelle– on Namora were very good, way better than the other people getting cracks on Atlas. Pretty slick story as well, good stuff wrapped up in one issue.

Really dug TBolts # 2– er, 145– as well. Beast called it, all that Zemo stuff was just a test. Loved how some of them failed it straight up, and loved how the moderators weren’t that surprised. Sorry to hear about Juggy getting nerfed.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 28, 2010, 1:01 pm

Hi Jeff, long time no see. Another fantastic issue (as usual!). Regarding young Beast’s link I heard about that and I was wondering if (possible?) I could talk to you privately about that please? Here is my private email address :- dejesusm21@yahoo.co.uk Warmest regards! Marco aka King Hulk Marco

Time: June 29, 2010, 3:29 am

Young Beast? *Blink blinks*

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 29, 2010, 9:46 am

Well, usually everybody I meet who reads comics is MUCH, MUCH younger than me. Man, it can get depressing sometimes. So surprise me then how old are you?

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: July 2, 2010, 6:04 am

I just realized why I don’t like the main cover (besides the fact it isn’t Ramona, of course): She’s floating dead in an oil slick!