• HEROES CON CHARLOTTE!

YES! This weekend I’m able to return to the fabled and legendary HEROES CON in Charlotte, North Carolina! If you are at all within driving distance, you should go, you will not regret it. I’m sitting in Artist Alley 409 on the corner, conveniently by almost every artist I’ve worked with in the past year! And I should have nice hefty trades and hardback books to sign and sketch in. Here, this will orient you to bypass deserving talent and head Straight To Me…

And while you’re there, you might as well sit through some of the panels I’ll be on. You’ll be wanting a chair after a while. Most are on Saturday.

SATURDAY
    1.30 PM
    MARVEL: Shadowland
    Room 208AB
    It’s “The Battle for the Soul of New York”! An epic so big, that it will change the streets of New York City and the heroes that protect it forever! Join editor Bill Rosemann and writer Jeff Parker (Thunderbolts) as they talk about the fate of Hell’s Kitchen and the birth of a new major Marvel villain! Want to know how Spider-Man, the Thunderbolts, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Punisher are involved? Well here’s your chance to ask those questions and more!

*Hey, thanks for putting us up against Mike Mignola’s panel that I wanted to go hear! Oh well, Bill and I can plan out Thunderbolts.

3:00 PM
    DEFECTIVE COMICS: A Celebration Of Superhero Oddness
    Room 208AB
    Let’s face it: superheroes can be kinda dopey. For every cultural icon like Superman or Spider-Man, there’s five thousand off-beat B-listers (Bwana Beast? Sonny Sumo? Razorback?) lining up to die in the next big crossover event. For Heroescon 2010, Amelia Earhart: This Broad Ocean cartoonist Ben Towle and Thought Balloonist blogger Craig Fischer host a lovingly critical look at just how bizarre the superhero genre can be.

The event will include a presentation by Towle on the sad-sack super-man in Chris Ware’s Acme Novelty Library; a panel discussion with Colleen Coover, Evan Dorkin, Jeff Parker and Chris Pitzer; a talk by Crogan Adventures creator Chris Schweizer about art-comix creators crossing over into mainstream superhero comics; and clips from some of the weirdest and worst superhero films of all time. Excelsior?

4.30 PM

MONDO MARVEL
    Room 207BCD
    From the Avengers to the Fantastic Four, the Ultimate line to the far reaches of the cosmos, answers to every corner of the Marvel U. and more are found here. This amazing panel with Editor Bill Rosemann features all-stars Jonathan Hickman (FANTASTIC FOUR), Christos Gage (AVENGERS ACADEMY), Jim McCann (HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD), Jeff Parker (ATLAS), Paul Tobin (Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man), Associate Editor Lauren Sankovitch and more to field your questions!

I guess I just won’t be seeing my table Saturday afternoon.

SUNDAY

3.00 PM

IN CONVERSATION | Jonathan Hickman & Jeff Parker
    Room 209
    The Comics Reporter’s Tom Spurgeon sits down with Marvel writers Jonathan Hickman and Jeff Parker as they discuss maintaining personal vision working for one of the largest comics publishers in the world.

Ah, just one. Maybe I will be able to do some commissions after all. But probably not many.

Comments

Comment from Zack Smith
    Time: June 4, 2010, 4:04 am

You are a victim of your own popularity.

Good thing I reserved early!

Pingback from HeroesCon starts today! | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment
    Time: June 4, 2010, 10:01 am

[...] Parker has created a handy map to make it easier for fans to find [...]

Comment from Zeno
    Time: June 4, 2010, 6:41 pm

Hi Jeff this isn’t related to your post but I had a question I wanted to ask you. You might not be allowed to answer the question but I don’t think it will give anything away. Will any of the stories this month or August reveal the origins about things or people related to Planet Hulk? Not including Skaar of course,I am thinking of the origin of certain races or people that lived on the planet,where the technology that created the wormhole came from,etc. I’m not asking “what”will be told, only if anything like that will be explanied. Thanks.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 5, 2010, 8:17 am

Yo Zeno, How are you doing old pal of mine! Haven’t heard from you in a dinosaur’s age. What have you been up to buddy?

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 5, 2010, 8:42 am

Yo Jeff, just letting you know that a buddy of mine let me a copy of Underground recently. I was most impressed! You and Steve have hit a home run buddy. Speaking of Steve, he left a message for me on Dailypop’s site. What a great guy! Just wanted to ask you a tiny favour. Next time you speak to Greg and Jeph PLEASE ask them NOT to kill or depower the Red Hulk as I feel it will be a bad idea of Godzilla sized proporations. I for one am interested in a blossoming relationship between Red Hulk and Thundra that started in your Red Hulk mini-series. Trust me on this, my instincts are 100% on this. PS Congratulations!!! I have saw the interview that your colleague’s have gave regarding the upcoming Shadowland event. Your peers have gave you such a glowing report, I expect you to running Marvel within a year if this keeps up. You are the man!

Comment from Zeno
    Time: June 5, 2010, 1:27 pm

Hi,King Hulk.You said you havent heard from me,but I left a message to you on dailypop a few days ago. It is the link you left on here about the Daredevil Man without Fear web site.
    We should contiune our conversations again. I have more theories to talk about concerning what is going on in the next few months.

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 5, 2010, 2:21 pm

Hi Zeno, that is cool with me. I just saw your entry on Dailypop and have replied. Just letting you know that Marvel are currently eating out of my hand (isn’t going to last though). Check what Gary Miller as told me on his site. I have a feeling you will like it. Alot!

Comment from King Hulk Marco
    Time: June 5, 2010, 2:30 pm

PS In case you missed it type King_Hulk_Marco on google and see what I asked from Marvel. I am surprised that none of the special minions have contacted me though. I imagine I have to give them time (I hope!).

Comment from Jay Matthews
    Time: June 5, 2010, 9:12 pm

Jeff, I was the guy who asked you to sign the Agents of Atlas (Vol. 1) hardcover today at Heroes Con (Mondo Marvel). Just wanted to say thanks — the crowd was getting chaotic, but the M-11 mini-sketch and signing was magnificent. M-11 is my favorite character in the Atlas bunch. I also caught up on a bunch of Thunderbolts issues today. Fired up!

Time: June 5, 2010, 10:45 pm

Thanks Jay!

Comment from Vito Delsante
    Time: June 7, 2010, 6:38 pm

Oh great! Now I know why there was hardly anyone in my row…Dragons!

Great seeing you this past weekend, Jeff!

Time: June 7, 2010, 7:55 pm

You too Vito!

Comment from Butch
    Time: June 13, 2010, 4:28 pm

“Pogs,” lol!

Dammit someday I’ll be around for one of these US Cons…