• THUNDERBOLTS is Out!

Thunderbolts 144 hits shelves today! Thanks to all of you who have been posting online and tweeting about our new direction and the gorgeous work of Kev Walker and Frank Martin, we really appreciate it. Hope you all enjoy the ride that starts here. JP

Comments

Time: May 26, 2010, 4:12 pm

Excellent issue Jeff! I really really liked it.

You can see my thoughts and comment over on CBR.

I really liked how you explained Juggy, Crossbones and Man-Thing’s presences.

Though of course, some Juggles fans will never be happy unless he’s a giant rampaging one-dimensional baby having a tantrum. Sad really.

Time: May 26, 2010, 4:27 pm

There’s always those Juggheads on some forum demanding he be the most powerful character EVAR. Which of course makes him unusable for almost every book. And takes like that kill everything interesting about a character.

Time: May 26, 2010, 4:29 pm

Yeah. I would rather see him written as a three dimensional character who wasn’t stupidly powerful and wasn’t so black and white…. than have him continue to be presented as horribly one-dimensional as The Sentry. Well, The Sentry outside of your incredible Age Of Sentry Miniseries. :D

Comment from Al
    Time: May 26, 2010, 8:21 pm

I LOVE the explanation behind Man-Thing’s inclusion. Also, I’m all too pumped to see the outcome of the cliffhanger. Keep up the excellent work!

Comment from Paul Nolan
    Time: May 27, 2010, 7:44 am

so got Thunderbolts added to my mail order last week. The company i’m with are awesome so issue #144 is gonna be with next weeks dispatch. Problem is that I’m so eagerly waiting for this one that I got to the comic shop today, and find that Diamond UK got their delivery wrong. My shop got a box due for up North, and the one box containing Thunderbolts #144 lies lonesome in the Diamond UK warehouse.

Now I HAVE to wait until next Thursday or Friday to get the book….. GAH

Time: May 27, 2010, 8:07 am

Gah indeed! Sorry about that Paul!

Comment from Jon Stump
    Time: May 27, 2010, 8:43 am

Fantastic read Jeff! I really liked how you incorporated Thunderbolts characters that I love into the story. I also really like the idea behind Crossbones on the team. I’ve been wondering how that was going to be pulled off for some time now and it completely makes sense.

Can’t wait for the next issue.

Time: May 27, 2010, 12:35 pm

Thanks Jon, welcome aboard!

Comment from Michael Wolfsteiner
    Time: May 27, 2010, 1:35 pm

I hate to wait until Friday afternoon in order to be able to grab this comic. Damn can’t we somehow just get rid of the Atlantic ocean?

Comment from Justice, Like Lightning
    Time: May 27, 2010, 1:43 pm

Picked up #144 from the comic shop down the street. I have to say, I’m impressed. I hope to see more interactions between Cage/Mach V/Songbird/Fixer. That bit about Abe being incarcerated in the Raft was great. Took me back to the old Thunderbolts where he was constantly in-and-out of jail.

Songbird is going to be right about Moonstone, I’m calling it now!

Time: May 27, 2010, 1:47 pm

BP is working on that for us!

Time: May 27, 2010, 1:54 pm

Great to hear!

Comment from Matt B
    Time: May 27, 2010, 9:02 pm

Great issue Jeff! I loved Man-Thing’s connection to the team and the cliffhanger, I was wondering about a couple of things though…
    1) Are Fixer and Mach V apart of the main team or are mostly going to be hanging out at the Raft?
    2) What else can Luke’s high-tech bracers do?

Time: May 27, 2010, 9:15 pm

Matt, those questions will be answered almost immediately, so I’m just going to let you read it rather than ruin the fun. Glad you liked 144, good to hear from you.

Time: May 28, 2010, 1:25 pm

*Pops in to pimp Jeff Parker’s T-Bolts*

CBR has preview pages (unfinished) for T-Bolts #145.

I’m still saying this is a test. And looks like Ghost and Moonstone at least passed.

Funny that Crossbones immedietly switches sides, and Juggy pulls an Eric Cartman. “Screw you guys, I’mma goin’ home.” Doubt he’ll get far with the new Raft defense measures though.

A lot of complaints about U.S. Agent having an old school prostetic arm.
    I think it fits him, since he’s kinda the everyman. He wouldn’t want a fancy super science arm (or leg), something not available to everyone in the military who lost a limb.

Time: May 28, 2010, 2:02 pm

145 completely answers those questions! You’ll see.

Comment from Michael Wolfsteiner
    Time: May 29, 2010, 2:24 am

I’ve finally been able to read the issue.
    When I first read the news about the new T-Bolts I was thinking “Man-Thing? Crossbones? Are you kidding? So I was eager to see on how you bring them into the team. The entire setup of the characters felt very …consistent.
    Though I might need another issue or two to get used to Kev Walker’s drawing style in general and the new Songbird look in particular, I really enjoyed the restart very much!

Comment from Paul Nolan
    Time: May 29, 2010, 6:25 am

Well, as my LCS got their missing box and I was too impatient to wait until my mail order arrived, I now have the first of two copies of 144 in my hands.

Brilliant team building, good reasoning for the recruitment and well, that cliffhanger is a masterclass in getting anybody to pick up the next issue.

but anyhow I’ve got good feelings for this T-Bolts run. Very good feelings. Can’t wait for more.

Time: May 29, 2010, 7:28 am

“As for the Preview and USAgents Prosthetic. There are loads of examples of how ex military choose a hook or something else over a freaky looking hand. Could be what’s happening there.”

Exactly. I’m sure someone could have built him a Super Science mechanical arm/hand and leg. But I have a feeling that given USA Agent, I doubt he’d want something that wasn’t available to all military folks who lost a limb in the war. Or it could have another reason, like USA Agent wanting to remind everyone what was lost by letting Osborn run wild with power.

Comment from Aaron
    Time: May 30, 2010, 7:36 am

I picked up Thunderbolts 144, and I loved it. Man-Thing’s role on the Thunderbolts is cool (how many teams can claim their mode of transport is a big green swamp monster ?), The reason why Crossbones was chosen {polar opposite of Luke Cage, read: unlikeable nasty “git” that the rest of the team would HATE} makes sense somewhat (I hope their will be aspects of Crossbones’ past that will haunt him but it’s only the beginning so…), LOL moments were abound (Titania hitting on Luke Cage, Crossbones asking Luke Cage “Do I get to kill?” to name two :p ), And the way 144 ended one word to describe it DAMN. This arc of Thunderbolts will be a white knuckle ride (I hate using cliches, but it is an apt one to describe it)

Comment from Drew
    Time: June 2, 2010, 7:10 am

Well, I’ve been catching up on all things “Siege” and “Heroic Age” this week, and I thought the two latest issue of T-Bolts were a great closing chapter to the previous status quo/start to the new one. I especially like what was set up with Headsman’s brother (any chance we’ll be seeing him in the near future?) and the way Juggernaut’s fluctuations between good and bad and strong and not-so-strong are being addressed. And as far as the cliffhanger goes? Now I don’t know who to root for (assuming things are as they appear)!

The new direction seems to be attracting a lot of attention, so I’m hoping to see Cage, Mach V, Songbird (redesign notwithstanding), Juggernaut & Co. around for a long time!

Comment from butch