• Hardman and Parker talk to Siuntres

A new Word Balloon interview! And this time John talks to me and Gabriel Hardman about ATLAS, and Planet of the Apes. Had we recorded this just a few days later, we would have probably talked about the late great Frank Frazetta, most likely. I’m currently looking for a frame to put my CREEPY cover poster with Wolfman fighting Dracula up here at the studio. Hope you enjoy.

Comments

Time: May 11, 2010, 6:44 pm

Good interview Jeff!!

And hey, you can consider you’re making it for me as well. :)

Can’t wait to read Atlas #1 now. Sounds like it’s gonna be great.

Time: May 11, 2010, 6:58 pm

Hey Jeff…..

Ever thought of maybe connecting Marvel’s “Gorilla Girl” to Ken somehow? She hasn’t had much of a fleshed out origins. Maybe she could somehow be teh daughter he didn’t know about or something. :)

Comment from Butch
    Time: May 12, 2010, 4:10 pm

Sweet, looking forward to listening to this while working. Haven’t listened to John’s manly voice in ages! Bet he makes you and Gabriel sound like a bunch of girlies. :D

Comment from Matt Wieringo
    Time: May 18, 2010, 6:32 am

Jeff, I really enjoyed the interview, particularly the Planet of the Apes discussion. Man, I love those movies. (YES! Finally someone agrees with me on the opening sequence of ESCAPE. One of the greatest intros of all time.) Are the Blu-rays worth picking up if I already have the DVD set? Sometimes, with Blu-ray, all you’re getting is extra film grain.

John was driving me crazy playing the music from ESCAPE. I want that soundtrack so bad but iTunes doesn’t have it.

Time: May 18, 2010, 7:11 am

I’ll have to ask Blu-Ray Gabe about that Matt- I don’t anything approaching high-def still! Thanks for listening, John’s shows are always great. I’ll see you soon!

Time: May 19, 2010, 2:07 pm

Matt, I upgraded to the BLU’s of the Planet Of The Apes series.

It really is a huge improvement, especially the uncut version of Conquest.

I got the boxset with the collectible book. It’s a really really nice set. Well worth the purchase.