• ATLAS IS BACK

Told you there was more news- over at Comic Book Resources and Newsarama and Marvel you can read a little bit about the NEW ONGOING simply called ATLAS. I’m a little secretive at the moment but hey, do you want things spoiled, really? Gabe Hardman and I are furiously working to start this off with a cosmic bang, so please, get those orders in as soon as you can. And double up on ‘em, just to be safe. I’m pushing for a 3-D cover!

Comments

Comment from Terren
    Time: February 10, 2010, 1:53 pm

So my biggest comic related wish for 2010 is already fulfilled!
    After the early cancelations of Doctor Voodoo and Sword I promised to myself to be extremly cautious which books to add to my pull list but this one is a no brainer!

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: February 10, 2010, 2:22 pm

3D MAN! 3D MAN! 3D MAN!

Now bring back the Human Fly!

Time: February 10, 2010, 2:23 pm

Ha ha!

Time: February 10, 2010, 2:35 pm

Can’t wait Jeff. You know I’ll be right here supporting the book with everything I have.

And I would LOVE to see a 3-D cover for Agents #1. Let’s make it happen.

3-D isn’t a gimmick like it used to be. Not with the success of Avatar. :D

Trackback from uberVU – social comments
    Time: February 10, 2010, 2:48 pm

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by ChrisPartin: RT: @jeffparker Here’s what Newsarama, CBR, and Marvel.com have on THE NEW ATLAS SERIES: http://tinyurl.com/yfx5kyf [best news today!]…

Comment from Al
    Time: February 10, 2010, 3:16 pm

This was the best possible announcement for the Heroic Age! PSYCHED to see 3-D Man [back] with the Agents of Atlas! Congratulations!!!

Comment from mark coale
    Time: February 10, 2010, 3:20 pm

Is that a new paint job on M-11 or just artistic license on the coloring?

Time: February 10, 2010, 3:44 pm

It appears to just be a reflection, Mark.

So who’s with me? 3-D cover? Come on. You know you want it! :D

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: February 10, 2010, 5:45 pm

I will accept no less than three covers!

Comment from Betty Dobson
    Time: February 10, 2010, 5:57 pm

Best news of the day, bar none!

Comment from Betty Dobson
    Time: February 10, 2010, 5:58 pm

PS: When can we expect to see a Namora mini-series?

Time: February 10, 2010, 6:13 pm

Want to see some solo Namora?

Time: February 10, 2010, 6:27 pm

How about a solo for everyone? Gorilla Man next. :D

Comment from Al
    Time: February 10, 2010, 7:35 pm

No, M-11 next!

Comment from Drew
    Time: February 10, 2010, 9:24 pm

Wow, this news made my day! A friend of mine actually called me at work to let me know about it because he knew how excited I would be. And I’m all for a Namora mini, but only if it’s followed closely by Gorilla-Man and M-11 minis! :)

Comment from Nod Nolan
    Time: February 10, 2010, 9:33 pm

Can Marvel publish one of those free catch up one shots and call it “Road Map to Atlas”

Comment from jonmcnally
    Time: February 11, 2010, 10:19 am

Thank the gods. How I’ve missed having an ATLAS monthly.

Comment from yeahaw
    Time: February 11, 2010, 10:39 am

fun times are here again! I’m really looking forward to this!

Time: February 11, 2010, 11:01 am

Please promise me that Ken gives 3-D Man some crap about Avatar.

It seems just perfect for something that Ken would do.

Comment from Brian M.
    Time: February 11, 2010, 5:14 pm

Great news.

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: February 11, 2010, 6:23 pm

I actually liked Triathlon, aka the new 3-D Man, even if the whole Triune subplot went on for a bit too long under Kurt Busiek. So I was happy to see him pop up again during Secret Invasion, and I’m glad he’ll be sticking around for the new Atlas series.

Speaking of Busiek’s run on Avengers, I wonder if Jeff can also work in Silverclaw at some point, either in Atlas or Thunderbolts? Hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask :)

Comment from Laura M
    Time: February 12, 2010, 9:33 am

I am very excited for the new series. Between this announcement and the fact that there will be some new Captain Britain and MI-13 stuff, it’s like comic book Christmas! (Hey, can they team up with Atlas some time?)

I’d also like to throw in my vote for some solo Namora. She’s awesome.

Time: February 15, 2010, 1:17 pm

The Solicit Is Up!! :D

ATLAS #1
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Penciled by GABRIEL HARDMAN & CHRIS SAMNEE
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Women of Marvel Variant by JELENA KEVIC-DJURDJEVIC
    Heroic Age Variant by CHRIS STEVENS
    ENLARGE

THE HEROIC AGE IS HERE
    It’s the Agents you love, in an ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES! Someone has come to ATLAS looking for answers to some very strange questions, and on his trail is a danger of a new level. Marvel’s Rat Pack are back to solve the mystery behind THE 3-D MAN. The star team of Jeff Parker and Gabriel Hardman return to take Jimmy Woo’s agents to the weirdest and most fantastic heights yet!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Comment from Butch
    Time: February 15, 2010, 7:47 pm

Dodson’s version of Namora is milftacular. =p

Yeah baby!!! Hope he doesn’t take this the wrong way, but I’m glad people aren’t hiring Gabriel for storyboard work. =) So this comes out in May, about the same time as the Fall of Herc’s back-ups, right?

3D-Man! Oh, the continuity~!!! Can the Great Video be far behind?

Quick question for the Atlasphiles (or Jeff even): I”m pretty sure M-11 and Venus are immortal, but what about Hale and Namora? Immortal or just long-lived? And Bob– does he have some kind of longevity?

Time: February 15, 2010, 8:59 pm

What was the term Chris Sims came up with for Namora… Mermilf?

Butch I will say… The Great Video is NOT far behind!

On age- Ken, if you remember from the original series, is immortal, that’s part of his curse. He can die, but the killer becomes the next Gorilla-Man. Bob lives a lot longer than a human, physically he’s reached about 40 in our years. Jimmy is starting over again at around 29 but ages normally. M-11 just needs to be oiled.

Time: February 15, 2010, 10:24 pm

Oh sure, you answer that..

But never my question about Gorilla-Man’s strength level. ;)

Just given ya crap Jeff. Can’t wait for Atlas #1.

Time: February 15, 2010, 10:32 pm

AND… we see the showdown between Venus and Aphrodite in Incredible Hercules this week!

Comment from Butch
    Time: February 16, 2010, 12:35 pm

Oh, and I just read Uranian # 2 yesterday– Bob takes aging supplements? Something about him living two Uranian years, which is like 160+ earth years?

Man, so many long living dudes on one team! Agents of Atlas 2099, that’s all I’m sayin’ that’s all I’m sayin’…

Jeff, thanks for the heads up on Herc # 141!

Comment from cozborn
    Time: February 16, 2010, 2:56 pm

Great news. I even put Herc on my pull for the minis.

Comment from Zajdalen
    Time: February 22, 2010, 7:12 am

Wow Jeff I must say two things.

1) I’m really excited for new Atlas and for the fact that 3-D Man will be there for the show. Thats just great.

2) Just finished reading your Spider-Man 1602 limited series and I must say that it was freaking awesome. The whole series was full of action, great characters and perfect ideas. Like I once said I would love for 1602 Universe to expand even more and if my dream will come true then you must be the man behind that. You’re just great in 1602 U and I hope that you’ll write another limited series just like this one.

You are the best.

Time: February 22, 2010, 7:15 am

Thank you, and very glad you enjoyed Spidey 1602!