• Preview AVENGERS vs. ATLAS

Over at NEWSARAMA you can preview the upcoming AVENGERS vs. ATLAS with the team of me, Gabriel Hardman and Elizabeth Breitweiser as we put the band back together to meet the original line up of The Avengers.
    And right after that preview, see the THUNDERBOLTS beat on the team too! I don’t know if that was planned or it just worked out that way. But there’s a lot to get ready for.

Comments

Time: January 15, 2010, 11:19 am

Both previews look good.

Love the mentionb of the “Teen Brigade” in the Avengers vs. Atlas preview.

Comment from Eric Gimlin
    Time: January 15, 2010, 11:25 am

I don’t know if it will work in the long run, but I do like that Marvel is making a serious effort to push the Agents with the various crossovers/ guest appearances/ spin-offs/ backups. At least they’re not letting the series die quietly like so many.

I did have a question for you: When I asked back in October, you said the Spider Man Family story would be in the new hardcover. It wasn’t. Not a big deal, but do you know if that will show up in a later collection or not?

Time: January 15, 2010, 11:38 am

It’s not in Turf Wars? It was originally supposed to be. Maybe they’re saving it for the next one. I’m sorry.

Comment from Jonathan Conrad
    Time: January 15, 2010, 7:49 pm

Hi, Jeff. The art looks great! I am looking forward to meeting you at FCBD at Acme in Greensboro.
    Your Avengers works got me thinking …
    Have you ever considered doing a Defenders book?
    I don’t know what the Heroic Age will look like, but it would be neat to see a non-Avengers team around.
    I feel your touch would be cool with the likes of Hulk, Namor, Doc, Surfer, Nighthawk, Valkrie, and Hellcat.
    Just a thought (and a wish).

Time: January 15, 2010, 8:04 pm

Jeff on Defenders would be awesome.

If it was New Defenders: First Class or something. ;)

I just loved that era, with Beast, Iceman, Angel, Moondragon, Gargoyle, and Valkyrie. Then Cloud and Candy Southern.

Just would love to see more stories from that fun loving era. Even if it was just like a lost tale or some sort of story. But then, I’d read whatever Jeff does.

Comment from butch
    Time: January 15, 2010, 8:06 pm

Awesomesauce for everybody!

Hardman draws circles around Sepulveda (who is talented, don’t get me wrong).

The TBolts cover (Mattina?) is so slick.

Time: January 15, 2010, 8:19 pm

Thanks Jonathan, look forward to seeing you in May!

Comment from Jonathan Conrad
    Time: January 24, 2010, 2:05 pm

For a minute I feared I had left my copy of the Agents Hardcover in Arizona, but I found it! I thought I was gonna have to go all Ape on someone!