• ATLAS Guest Star Writers Save Me

Over at Comic Book Resources, read about the talented crew piling into the good ship HMS Agents of Atlas for the AVENGERS vs ATLAS miniseries- Jason Aaron! Paul Cornell! Scott Kurtz! And they have written some excellent shorts focusing on individual members of the team. I totally owe them. Make sure your shop is ordering this mini!

Comments

Comment from Terren
    Time: December 23, 2009, 1:47 pm

Even though I am not a big fan of short stories put together in one book I will buy the entire mini only to show support for my favorites the Agents!

However on the other side, yourself, Jason Aaron, Paul Cornell… damn 3 of the best authors currently working for Marvel; this must be good!

Any chance for seeing something new from you on the Hood? I loved your Dark Reign mini.

Merry Christmas wishes coming from Germany! Continue the outstanding work in 2010.

Time: December 23, 2009, 2:12 pm

Danke Michael, Frohe Weihnachten!

Comment from yeahaw
    Time: December 24, 2009, 3:46 am

Terren/ Michael is right. Off to the telephone, gotta put AoAVsA on the list…

Merry x-mas to you and all visitors to you site,
    your second fan from germany

YeaHaw! (Mirko)

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_1r5fiaoZU

Time: December 24, 2009, 8:34 am

Very cool. I kinda like the idea of back-up stories, especially in these $3.99 books. It gives us something extra for the money. And I’m always happy to get more Atlas…. no matter how it happens. Hell, I’m reading Incredible Hercules for the AoA Back-Ups. So Marvel knows I’m easy. ;)

Time: December 24, 2009, 11:05 am

What was that video of manly men about? Merry Christmas!

Comment from yeahaw
    Time: December 25, 2009, 3:15 pm

it’s footage from our participation in this year’s german ultimate championships.

YeaHaw!

Comment from Terren
    Time: December 25, 2009, 4:02 pm

@Beast

I totally agree with you looking forward to the AoA back-up feature in the Herc monthly. First of all it keeps the Agents on the screen.

Secondly I also hope it helps boosting the sales on Incredible Hercules a bit as it’s currently one of the best series Marvel is publishing (beside the stuff Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning are doing and of course Thunderbolts). I don’t want Herc becoming the next Captain Britain and MI13, Immortal Iron-Fist or well Agents of Atlas!

@Parker Hey really great German! Seems the endless WWII-Tie Ins in Captain America and Nightcrawler finally pay off :-) !

Comment from Jeremy Colwell
    Time: December 27, 2009, 12:40 pm

Sweet, Jeff. I’ll definitely check it out. Atlas is always a good read.

Also, I saw this Atlas pic by my friend Khoi Pham today. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it. http://www.tentonstudios.com/dump/pham/agentsofatlas.jpg

Happy Holidays!

Time: December 28, 2009, 3:37 am

Terren, sadly it sounds like Incredible Hercules is cancelled with #150. At least if the rumor going around is factual. Rich Johnston who used to run a column at CBR actually made note of it recently. Sucks for the fans.

Comment from Terren
    Time: December 29, 2009, 6:12 am

This rumor is mainly based on an interview Fred van Lente gave IGN:

Van Lente: Well, I can make the hyperbolic pronouncement that this will change the Marvel Universe forever. I know everyone says that, but this storyline, will, in fact, change the Marvel Universe forever. Big, big changes and announcements are coming down for the book. He may not be “Incredible” anymore, at least in terms of his title. But we’ll be making sure the stories are still as incredible as possible. “Assault on New Olympus” pretty much brings to a head almost all the major storylines since Greg and I started on the book. It ends with a very emotional climax that we certainly hope no one sees coming. I hope you’ll have to pick your jaws up off the floor when you read it.

I highly doubt that they will cancel it short after adding the AoA Back Up stories, however I have to agree the title could sell better (and it definitely would deserve it)!

Comment from Butch