• WIN more Exiles Trades Than You’ve Ever Seen

now it's your turn to read all of them

So it seems I now have a lot of reference for a series that I’m no longer writing. Would you like enough trade collections of EXILES to stop a bullet? (except for armor-piercing rounds) And would you like them for FREE…?

I’m about to take off to appear at Mini MegaCon in Orlando, Florida and I’m way behind on pushing books I have coming up. Such things as UNDERGROUND from Image, X-MEN VS. AGENTS OF ATLAS, SPIDER-MAN 1602, THUNDERBOLTS and all that. Whoever -in the United States because I’m not going to the poorhouse just to cover shipping-can do the best job of pushing my upcoming projects between now and my return Tuesday, will win this whole set of books, no postage required.

Through here and the various comics sites you should be able to find plenty of preview material (the Underground site has a whole first issue in BW to read free and a color preview too). I’ll let you decide what good shilling is- obviously I hope it’s done in a way that makes people actually like the work and no hostile “don’t read that crap, read Parker’s blah blah blah” rants. And there are considerations such as if the word is getting out in places that will bring in new readers.

So in short, win people over. You can push just the books you read if you want, or go for everything. Just post in comments here wherever you got the word out and I’ll compare the campaigns when I’m back, and send the books out next week. I predict whoever the winner is will be very clear, but if there are a couple of great efforts running neck and neck, I’ll come up with a second prize.

Turn it out, good luck!

Comments

Comment from Paul Z
    Time: August 20, 2009, 4:31 pm

Mr. Parker,
    I have been pushing ALL forms of Exiles on everyone I have ever met since Winick offed Magnus waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in issue…#2? I loved it all. I loved the Austen run. I even think the Claremont run had some good moments. I loved what you were doing with the books and was kinda sad when you didn’t get the chance to play through.
    Exiles is the greatest ELSEWORLDS / WHAT-IF / open world sandbox going. My brother-in-law and I get into fights CONSTANTLY about the book. I own a Clayton Henry Exiles page!
    I have told my wife, the 2 comics guys at my job, I have handed off 1-55 to a buddy with some time, and I am waiting for him to get back to me. I gave your run to girl in Jersey (we swap books every now and again. Our tastes are so different that we wind up turning each other on to some good stuff). All I have left is Claremont’s chunk of time, and I’m going through that right now looking for the best stories.
    In LONG FORM, I am an Exiles fan since day 1, and would give your trades a great home and make sure they make the rounds to every reader I know.
    Thanks for your contribution to my favorite x-team in the last 20 years.
    Paul

Comment from butch
    Time: August 20, 2009, 5:27 pm

I’ve never hated the Pacific Ocean until today. DAMN YOU PACIFIC OCEAAAANNNN~!!!

Time: August 20, 2009, 7:00 pm

Paul that’s all awesome, but what I’m looking for here is a selfish pushing of my own books, largely online! Books that-unlike Exiles now- have a chance of living and thriving. And it sounds like you already have these books anyway, if that dude will ever return them!

Comment from Trinity
    Time: August 20, 2009, 8:25 pm

Ok. I think I got this. I have at least 12 people who read my blog daily from all over the world and I have offered them a money back guarantee if they try a book and don’t like it.

Here is the link.

Trinity

Time: August 20, 2009, 8:31 pm

Trinity so far is way, WAY out in front!
    I mean WAY.

Comment from Thomas
    Time: August 21, 2009, 6:42 am

I can vouch for Trinity’s pushing of your products – he got me back into comics after a 12 year hiatus and one of the first books he pushed on me as AoA # 1. Fantastic stuff!!!! I dropped New Avengers to collect it instead! Thanks to you and my Heterolifemate, Trinity!

Comment from Kevin
    Time: August 21, 2009, 11:51 am

This post serves up yet another reason why you’re my new favorite author (seriously, not trying to win/curry favor). I love that you have (and presumably, use) the ENTIRE first run of this series for reference. Who does that anymore?

Comment from the girl with the pink teacup
    Time: August 24, 2009, 5:02 am

Here to vouch for Trinity’s pimping also – I’m in the process of tracking down Agents of Atlas for my brother thanks to Trinity’s shameless plugging of your (brilliant) work. So far, I am really impressed with what I’ve seen. Keep up the good work, and may the best man (ie. Trinity) win!

Pingback from All in color for a dime* | Mister 8
    Time: August 24, 2009, 1:55 pm

[...] of my favorite writer / artists, Jeff Parker, just announced a contest to solicit help in publicizing his work. In a perfect alternate universe, he wouldn’t need help — he’d be a best-seller [...]

Comment from Trinity
    Time: August 24, 2009, 3:59 pm

Jeff, I think this may have been meant as a tweet or something as this makes no sense.

Time: August 24, 2009, 10:34 pm

Oh that wasn’t to you, it was to Michael who was being rude. I’ll take it out so as not to confuse more people.

Comment from Trinity
    Time: August 25, 2009, 4:42 am

Well, I was at least glad to hear AoA wasn’t completely cancelled and was being rebooted with V3. I would be sad to see it go.

Comment from Drew
    Time: August 25, 2009, 12:02 pm

Hey, Mr. Parker, just thought I’d let you know that I upped the ante as far as posting Parker–related stuff on my Facebook page over the weekend. And while I’m on the subject of Facebook, I want to encourage everyone on here to do the same—post away about the comics you love on Facebook! I’ve seen lots of post on here about how well-written comics don’t seem to sell, so let’s do something about that by spreading the word!

I didn’t have time over the weekend to post anything new on the forums of my local comics shop, the Dragon’s Keep, which I’ve mentioned to you before (you can find them at http://dragonskeep.com/dsk_cms/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&board=168.0), but I plan to later this week in preparation for this weekend’s comics initial order. So I’ll be sure to do my normal amount of Parker hyping, don’t you worry.

And I know this isn’t online hyping, but I managed to drum up 5 holds for Underground, so the store ordered six copies of the first issue, which is more copies than we get of any Image comic that’s not written by Kirkman or McFarlane!

So, I hope that helps!

Comment from Trinity
    Time: August 25, 2009, 12:55 pm

I really don’t want to lose this, partly due to my need to win things so if I am loosing, let me know so I can implement Plan B.