• ATLAS 8 Preview: Hulk and Hot Tubs

Where we pose the question: Would you rather have the life of Bruce Banner…

freak

… or the Agents of Atlas?
    good times.

Go to CBR and read the preview for NEXT WEEK’S issue!

Comments

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: July 10, 2009, 11:33 am

The “recap” page … with the Brady Bunch-style song … made me laugh out loud!

Time: July 10, 2009, 11:40 am

That was good- again another one I can’t take credit for!

Comment from Nate Hartz
    Time: July 10, 2009, 1:50 pm

Was someone looking for the complete transcript of the Agents of Atlas game? I have a word doc of the whole thing, except for some of the puzzles and I even have the mp3 from wordballoon. I was one of the guys that even got his name in the book. Take care and I continue to enjoy Agents of Atlas.

Time: July 10, 2009, 1:56 pm

Yeah Nate, someone who had posted in the comments here- I’m sure I have the whole thing too, but I’d have to dig a lot. If you can send me that at octopus@parkerspace.com I’d appreciate it!

Comment from Nate Hartz
    Time: July 10, 2009, 2:13 pm

I just sent it.

Comment from Paul Tobin
    Time: July 11, 2009, 10:45 am

The fact that I thought the Hulk transformation pages were cooler than the “beautiful girls in the hot tub” pages is proof that the NERD is strong within me.

Comment from Hi
    Time: July 11, 2009, 12:07 pm

Heh! Yeah, I’m almost as bad. I was thinking things like, “wouldn’t such hot water be uncomfortable to a creature adapted to the extremely cold water at the bottom of the ocean?” about Namora.

And I was wondering if the water would get into the circuitry of Temugin’s arm and set off all the bombs inside of there. Heck, I’ve been worried about Temugin’s arm generally ever since I realized that there must be at least three different bombs inside that thing.

Comment from Thomas C
    Time: July 12, 2009, 7:07 am

This comic was dangerously engrossing, I missed twelve bus stops and had to quickly cross the road and catch the last bus going in the opposite direction. All future issues of this comic should be emblazoned with the warning: “will cause you to ignore outside world completely for duration of use.”

Time: July 12, 2009, 8:18 am

Future prints will each include 1 all day bus/train ticket…

Time: July 12, 2009, 10:59 am

Notice that Ken’s off on some mission…

Some friends. They won’t let him join them in the hot tub.

Time: July 12, 2009, 10:55 pm

The rift begins.

Comment from Laura M
    Time: July 13, 2009, 11:14 am

It’s not that they have anything against Ken, just wet gorilla smell and the drain getting all clogged up with his hair.

Comment from Michael
    Time: July 13, 2009, 12:23 pm

Anyone want to join a betting pool on how long it will be until someone sets off the bombs in Temugin’s prosthetic arm?

I’m betting on four months.

And no, Parker, you can’t join.

Time: July 13, 2009, 12:49 pm

I should retcon Tem’s origin so Mandarin made sweet love to a lady bomb to create him.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: July 13, 2009, 1:10 pm

I think they were just afraid of hair clogging the filter. And Ken’s not the kind of guy to clean up after himself when he’s got a pitcher of bourbon and cokes in him.

Comment from Hi
    Time: July 13, 2009, 3:07 pm

Put me down for six months. And it will be Jimmy who does it. There’ll be a scene where Temmy smashes the robot to junk or something, and then he’ll be all like, “you don’t stand a chance of killing me without your precious robot, Jimmy!”

And Jimmy’ll be like, “Temugin, Temugin, Temugin…..I killed you six months ago.” *pushes detonator button*

Comment from Michael
    Time: July 14, 2009, 7:01 am

Four months. And it will be Jade Claw who does it.
    Temugin-”You dare threaten the Atlas foundation??” *reduces Jade Claw’s robot to junk with one kick* “now you will join your pathetic robot in hell!”

Jade Claw-”be silent you barbarian oaf” *pushes detonator button on her belt*

Comment from Michael
    Time: July 14, 2009, 7:46 am

Although, would a bomb kill him? His bio makes him sound pretty durable: http://www.comicvine.com/temugin/29-4260/

Comment from Hi
    Time: July 14, 2009, 2:49 pm

That bio says edged weapons affect him normally. So while the actual explosion probably wouldn’t affect him in the slightest, he’ll bleed to death from all the razor-sharp shrapnel just fine.

Well unless “edged weapons” means just swords and such? The bios kinda vague. Might as well get the Word of God on this, since we’re on the site of the guy writing him: hey Jeff Parker! *holds up hand* Is it just actual edged weapons that can hurt Temugin, or any cutting/piercing attack?