• Double 5′s Today, MYSTERIUS and ATLAS

Get ‘em both, 5 is lucky (somewhere)!

my favorite coverRonin So Poor he can't even get on the New Avengers cover

Comments

Comment from Liz
    Time: May 20, 2009, 9:22 am

But my god that Mysterius cover is a thing to behold.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: May 20, 2009, 11:19 am

I found me a Ronin snap. Nice!

Time: May 20, 2009, 1:36 pm

Wow. Agents of Atlas was good. My LCS wasn’t done doing orders, so I couldn’t get Mysterius yet. But wow, that was well worth the wait. And i love how you did a callback to the 50′s story with Logan. MI-13 recognized Logan, but did Ken? I assume he did (possibly by scent), that’s why he singled him out.

Comment from Laura M
    Time: May 20, 2009, 5:39 pm

I haven’t read Mysterius yet, because I still have to catch up, but that cover is awesome.

Loved AoA #5. Enigmatic robots can be so much trouble. I just have one question, when is Marvel going to have you do a story for Amazing Spider-Man?

Comment from Hi
    Time: May 20, 2009, 6:06 pm

Very fun issue! :-D Loved how everyone felt like an individual even in the midst of all that fighting. This is a breath of fresh air after listening to to New Avengers all sound like the same generic hipster in their own book. Parker gives each character his/her own voice and it is niiiiice, mmmm.

I give it a 9 out of 10 score. It would have been a 10/10 if only Temugin had exploded Ronin into a shower of gore with that kick. :-D

Time: May 20, 2009, 6:13 pm

But Jimmy very nicely asked Temugin not to splatter Ronin everywhere! Glad you enjoyed it.

Time: May 20, 2009, 6:14 pm

Thanks Laura! As for Spidey, who knows? It was fun having him in our book though.

Comment from Hi
    Time: May 21, 2009, 2:59 am

Y’know what I love about this panel?(Well, aside from the terrific energy of the scene) The way the texture of the skin is conveyed. Namorita looks like she has that low-bodyfat swimmers skin, and Venus looks like she has that skin that electrically attractive women tend to have, with just enough babyfat to be incredibly touchable. That subtle impression of skin texture can’t have been easy to create. Somebody put a lot of work into creating that effect.

Comment from butch
    Time: May 23, 2009, 4:00 pm

Gah, still haven’t gotten my AoA copy… yeah, Mysterius’ cover is GODLY. Is it an homage to something?

Comment from butch
    Time: May 23, 2009, 4:00 pm

Oh, and that Billy Tan cover is ugly :)