• Agents of Atlas 4! Exiles 2! Jury Duty 2!

Now I have to peddle downtown and waste a day hanging around the court building again to tell them I can’t sit in a jury box for whatever drug dealing case they have this time. But you, you can go to a comics shop and get some fine new comics! Oh those Agents and Exiles, what mischief will they get in today?

Hope I get called early…

Comments

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: May 6, 2009, 9:24 am

I’ll be picking up both of those PLUS X-Men First Class Finals #4.

Oh BTW Exiles is getting some shout outs over on the Byrne Boards.

Time: May 6, 2009, 9:50 am

Great- Thanks Hutch!

Comment from patrick hulman
    Time: May 6, 2009, 12:22 pm

i got called in for jury duty. got lucky the case got settled and i got to leave after lunch. good thing for me…it was a murder trial and i always seem to get picked.

Time: May 6, 2009, 1:15 pm

Wow… all three books were fantastic.

The second issue of Exiles was way better than the first. But that was true of Agents of Atlas also. Having to set up things for new readers always slow things down. I loved how you used Forge to detail the differences in the reality. And Beast grew on me a lot. So thanks for that.

Agents of Atlas was amazing as always. And it was nice to finally see how everything with the flashbacks connected. Also intrigued by the teases dropped about Mr. Lao. Can’t wait for Atlas vs. Avengers next issue though.

As for X-Men: First Class. I’m not sure how to feel. I like how it wrapped everything up, but it just wasn’t what I was really hoping for in the final XMFC story. You did give everyone a great send off though.

All and all, a great week with 3 great Jeff Parker books.

Time: May 6, 2009, 1:30 pm

Great, glad you liked them! Finals was weird for me too, because- it’s not really the end, yet it’s a stage that needs to wrap up… essentially the same problem that always made the book hard for me.
    And in two more weeks- more Atlas!

Time: May 6, 2009, 2:32 pm

Using Forge to relate how the reality is different took time, but it was welcome. Will we be seeing that element carried forward in every reality they come across? Or will in some it just be so obvious it won’t matter.

Everyone’s a Dinosaur. Ok, clearly the Dinosaurs weren’t wiped out and they continued to evolve and became the dominant lifeform. Easy peasy to follow. But the Forge recounting of the reality was great.

Time: May 6, 2009, 2:56 pm

You’ll see more of it- I like fleshing out the worlds more and seeing why things diverged. I don’t want things to feel random. Also I like the Exiles not having everything handed to them!

Comment from Laura M
    Time: May 6, 2009, 7:56 pm

I got all 3 of your comics this week, and they were all great. Exiles is way more fun than I ever expected it to be. Also, my comic shop finally got in my copy of Mysterious #3, so now I can catch up on that.

I hope you get out of jury duty. You reminded me that I have to send back a qualification questionnaire. Thanks.

Time: May 6, 2009, 8:41 pm

I did get out- they finally picked a batch of people and released the rest of us, and now I won’t be called on again for two years!

Glad you can get caught up on Mysterius, too.

Comment from Nick
    Time: May 7, 2009, 10:46 am

I love Agents of Atlas, but Exiles is quickly jumping up on my list of “Comics That I Love And Want To Convince Everyone Else To Read.” I love the characters, I adore Salva Espin’s art, and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of the sight of Forge punching himself. (I like Forge, but that’s just funny.)

Great work!

Comment from Tromeritus
    Time: May 7, 2009, 4:56 pm

Likewise, bought all three. Good stuff. Bear with me:

- Atlas had a surprisingly thorough conclusion, yet it tied in with the present day story very well. Nazi/Comrade Gorilla Man was quite a sight. The effect of Clayton Henry and Hardman’s art overlapping looked nice. Clayton Henry draws an amazing Cap (and New Avengers), too. Was he filling in for a sec, or are he and Pagulayan splitting the duties over the book’s run?

- eXiles #2 was a perfect comic. Amazing art, characters, plot, dialogue, and pacing all around—what more can one ask for? It (and Nova) reminded me of why I still buy comics. I wonder what Wolverine’s beef with Magneto was? It’ll be nuts if Wolverine was actually just an anarchist/traitor working for UN (in cahoots with Forge the Weaponmaster?) and the mission for the team is to screw over Genosha.

- The final issue of First Class Finals was on par with the first, finally. Everything came together (though this really seemed like it could’ve been done in 3 issues rather than 4) and hey, I’m satisfied. I’m glad you’re writing Giant-Sized Uncanny XMFC; it sounds good.

Time: May 7, 2009, 5:03 pm

Great, glad you liked the books Tro!