• ATLAS vs. AVENGERS- Preview the Beatdown!

web

At Marvel.com today is a nice preview of Agents of Atlas 5, where the big throwdown with the New Avengers happens. Spider-Man webs our Venus! Ms. Marvel hits our Namora! Luke Cage calls the robot Holmes! All hell breaks loose, order two copies, one to ruin, one to read! And it’s not that far away because it comes out two weeks after issue 4!

Comments

Comment from Mike
    Time: April 23, 2009, 11:14 am

Weird that the solicit says the New Avengers are the ones with the power advantage. I would have thought exactly the opposite. Namora and Temugin are monsters easily capable of taking out the entire New Avengers just the two of them.

Time: April 23, 2009, 11:27 am

I don’t like going by the power rankings like they’re game pieces- if you did, Spider-Man would lose half the time, but instead his experience makes the difference.

Comment from Hi
    Time: April 23, 2009, 1:08 pm

Besides, we don’t know how long Namora has been out of the water and Temugin has apparantly lost like 99.99% of his Chi power.

A wet Namora and Temugin in his chi-godzilla prime would turn the New Avengers into a pile of corpses in about three seconds while the rest of the AOA sipped tea, but niether of those are present.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: April 23, 2009, 3:02 pm

I always thought it was “Homes.”

Comment from butch
    Time: April 25, 2009, 3:40 pm

I’d really be interested in seeing where our guys stand power-wise compared to the rest of the Marvel U. Namora has been treated as a total house by the writers, which is awesome considering who her cousin is.

Bob seems to be more versatile than other telepaths.

I’m curious how Woo stacks up, fighting-wise, against the heavyweights (Rogers Cap, Deadpool, Wolvie)

Time: April 25, 2009, 3:57 pm

Ok, I hope it’s not just me. But that image of Spider-Man and Venus just looks horribly wrong. Perhaps I just have a gutter mind or something. The issue looks great though.

I know you don’t go by power rankings, but just how strong is Ken Hale? He’s certainly above and beyond the strength of the average gorilla.

Comment from butch
    Time: April 25, 2009, 7:24 pm

It’s not just you. :)

I just didn’t wanna say anything… :p

Comment from Tromeritus
    Time: April 27, 2009, 4:38 pm

All right, Pagulayan’s back! Clayton Henry was a good substitute, though.

I need new Atlas now. I finish high school Friday. I may have to pick up Exiles Wednesday to satisfy my fix; or see if my comic store has the original AoA mini. I already reached back and bought First Class Finals #1 (for $4.50!) to keep me busy.

Comment from Tromeritus
    Time: April 27, 2009, 4:40 pm

And call me antsy, but I’m jonesin’ to see more of Woo in action as well.

Time: April 27, 2009, 9:27 pm

Atlas will be happy to guide you after graduation. Congrats!