• ATLAS is Climbing, Girl is Spinning

I just want to take a moment and thank a lot of you for pushing friends and customers onto the AGENTS OF ATLAS series. While many have worried that the first issue didn’t open as high as they hoped for a Dark Reign tie-in, I think it did what you’d expect for characters who never had a series relying mostly on good word of mouth. What makes me happy is that the sales for issue 3 were up from issue number 2! That means somewhere, retailers are encouraging customers to try the book, and friends and internet buzz are sending readers into the store. If we could keep trending up, that would be a powerful indicator of support in this economy. So whatever you’re doing, keep doing it, and thank you.

Not everything is progressing- fifteen years later and I still can’t find images in those Magic Eye illusions. It may be related to the problem I have picking a comic book out of a crowded book shelf, I can’t focus- or unfocus as it were. But at least I can change the direction of the spinning girl at will. I like the weird feeling in my head when the spin switches, too.

spinninggirl

Comments

Comment from Hi
    Time: April 10, 2009, 10:17 am

It’s a cool book, but the name’s kind of weak. You should rename it “Agents of Temugin” or maybe “agents of atlas STARRING TEMUGIN!”

Comment from John
    Time: April 10, 2009, 10:55 am

This is great news and very well deserved. I hope Agents continues its upward trend because it’s a great book.

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: April 10, 2009, 11:48 am

I still can’t see those Magic Eye illusions either…and I can only switch the direction of the girl by looking at the foot of the straight leg!

Time: April 10, 2009, 2:03 pm

Bah, Temugin. The only thing he’s good for is a different way of abusing him every issue. I hope the SHIELD Agent from Wakanda makes a return soon. I totally brain farted on his name though. I’d rather see him here rather than Temugin.

Glad to hear sales are going up on the book. Always positive.

I’m sure the New Avengers cameo will help as well. :)

Time: April 10, 2009, 2:15 pm

Comment from butch
    Time: April 10, 2009, 2:51 pm

>>> Bah, Temugin. The only thing he’s good for is a different way of abusing him every issue.

That’s the point, Beast! Hahaha, loved that part.

Time: April 10, 2009, 4:04 pm

“BEEEAAAST! I’ve got to call a moratorium on your story predictions, you keep getting too close!”

Sorry Chief. *Sheepish*

Comment from Hi
    Time: April 11, 2009, 11:17 am

In a way you’re right, a big part of Temugin’s fun factor is the way he just charges into everything like the barbarian warrior he was named for.

And with that Chi-amped durability of his he can take a good pounding. (That fall alone water would have been like hitting concrete from as high as he was thrown) That his fun factor is partly rooted in his being fearless to the point of stupidity doesn’t make him any less awesome!

That said, I hope he gets the chance to kick some ass soon.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: April 11, 2009, 1:24 pm

Temujin. Ken Hale. They gotta settle it like men.

Arm-wrestling. Drinking. No mechanical appendages allowed.

Comment from Hi
    Time: April 11, 2009, 1:47 pm

Temmy can destroy Iron Man’s armor with his bare hands. Hale would lose the arm-wrestling part. Badly. Would be funny if Temmy turned out to be a wuss at drinking, though.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: April 11, 2009, 8:16 pm

I’m all about the funny.