• EXILES 1 is in stores, like NOW.

l10

If you didn’t see the preview for Exiles 1, here it is over at CBR. You can enjoy a few pages and scratch your head at the Wolverine Art Appreciation Variant. Then you can go get it, read it, and let me know if L-10 should come back somehow, maybe with the help of Forge. He only appears in a couple of pages, but I still miss him.

Comments

Comment from John
    Time: April 8, 2009, 11:29 am

He’s a robot lion… of course he should come back.

Talk about your “shocking character deaths in the first issue.” :)

Time: April 8, 2009, 12:20 pm

*SPOILERS!*

Man… I’m clearly reading way too much Jeff Parker work.

I totally saw that Morpheus as the Timebroker thing coming.

I was just joking about it in the last post.

Time: April 8, 2009, 12:26 pm

Well yeah, he just makes a good Timebroker. Don’t you try to take my job!

Time: April 8, 2009, 12:39 pm

Don’t worry. I’m not much of a writer.

To coin a Stan Lee phrase, “You keep writing them, I’ll keep reading them.”

And I’m 100 percent behind L-10 Version 2.0.

Comment from Michael Hoskin
    Time: April 8, 2009, 1:00 pm

I’m not against L-10.2.0 but all Panther really needs is a sarcastic friend, not necessarily a sarcastic robot lion.

Time: April 8, 2009, 1:10 pm

Maybe Beast and Black Panther can have a nice sarcastic relationship.

Comment from Caleb
    Time: April 8, 2009, 1:36 pm

The robot lion was my favorite part, and I was kinda bummed that he got left behind on his homeworld. I am strongly support the return of the robot lion (or it getting its own back-up strip. Either one really).

Comment from Trinity
    Time: April 8, 2009, 7:03 pm

I just finished issue 1 and loved it. I am so happy this is back with the right feel. Also glad to see a Blink and was pretty happy to find she doesn’t appear to be the original.

Good work.

Comment from Matt Jett
    Time: April 9, 2009, 12:03 am

L-10 coming back would be almost as good as that image on the last page. ALMOST.

Comment from tomg
    Time: April 9, 2009, 5:49 am

Zac Efron is Jonny Quest.

Comment from Laura M
    Time: April 9, 2009, 8:32 am

I decided to give Exiles a try and really liked it, which surprised me a bit. I always love your writing, but I didn’t expect to have much interest in the concept. I’d be all for L-10 coming back if there were a good reason for it, because robot Lions are pretty awesome.

Comment from Paul Nolan
    Time: April 9, 2009, 10:11 pm

Loved everything about the comic except for the cover. The style Bullock seems to be going for doesn’t live up to his normal work.

I’m looking forward to see where this series goes, though.

Time: April 10, 2009, 6:25 am

I was surprised not to see an variant of Iceman show up.

Considering Jeff Parker’s obvious love of the character.

*Bets he shows up in Issue 2 as one of the Resistance Fighters*

Comment from Jeremy Wiggins
    Time: April 11, 2009, 4:13 pm

Your Exiles #1 was just as much fun as I expected it to be. I especially loved the Gandhi gag. Great stuff from beginning to end that I am recommending to everyone that will listen.

Comment from Nick
    Time: April 11, 2009, 5:07 pm

As somebody who picked up Exiles on a whim (I considered getting it on my pull list right off the bat, but I was feeling kind of burned out on the concept and could I really justify another few bucks on a new series?), I have three things to say:

1) I hate you, Mr Parker, for making me add this to my pull list when I really shouldn’t start picking up new books.

2) That hate is nullified by how much I did like #1, so you come out even.

3) Absolutely, L-10 should return. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind if we had an issue like the classic Bedard arc where a bunch of Wolverines fight a whole lot more other Wolverines, only with robot lions in place of Wolverine.

I lied. Four things.

4) I actually really want that Wolverine variant. That’s the only Wolverine variant I’ve seen that I can say that about. It’s just so joyfully odd.

Time: April 11, 2009, 5:21 pm

Welcome aboard, Nick! You know, if I’d known we were going to have that Wolverine Art Appreciation Variant, I would have found some way to make it connect. I guess you can take the hidden head with umbrella to represent the decapitation…