• AGENTS 6- That Sweet Leinil Yu Cover

and strike... like THUNNNDER-BALLL!!

AGENTS OF ATLAS #6
    Written by JEFF PARKER
    Penciled by GABRIEL HARDMAN
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Disturbing visions plucked from the malignant mind of Norman Osborn lead the intrepid Agents to the darkest depths of the Atlantic Ocean, where Namora must have words with her infamous cousin – The Sub-Mariner! What happens next shocks her team, who must prepare to say goodbye to their aquatic avenger!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Comments

Comment from odessasteps magazine
    Time: March 23, 2009, 10:37 pm

Namorita = BUSTing out of that costume.

Comment from Hi
    Time: March 24, 2009, 3:56 am

I got the Agents of Atlas tradepaperback yesterday.

I wasn’t looking for the trade. I was looking Agents of Atlas 2.

But the bookstore wasn’t selling any. So I settled for a trade of the mini, and then bought a copy of Agents of Atlas 2 on Amazon.com for over ten dollars.

The bookstore had like fifty different Wolverine comics, but no Agents of Atlas to be found anywhere but the tradepaperback section.

Marvel really needs to get on the ball. Get AOA in stores, or get subscription option on Marvel.com. It’s absurd that, as is, I’m going to have to pay 120$ plus a year to get this series. I like your work, but damn!

Comment from Betty Dobson
    Time: March 24, 2009, 4:14 am

Namora leaving? Or worse?

Say it ain’t so!

Comment from Dana
    Time: March 24, 2009, 5:47 am

Giant Squid AND a gorilla in a diving suit?

Yup.

THAT, my friends, is what comics all about.

Comment from Mr. Stratford
    Time: March 24, 2009, 7:59 am

Holy Jebus, that’s awesome. I totally agree with Dana, you just can’t beat a good gorilla squid fight.

Time: March 24, 2009, 8:30 am

Was the bookstore a comic book store? Because they’ll pull the book for you if you ask, usually. Ten bucks? Who’s selling it for that?
    I think new books sometimes take a while to get put into the subscription list- again, go mention that you would like that on Cup o’ Joe if you can, he’ll make someone do it. There’s not a lot I can do on my end!

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: March 24, 2009, 8:56 am

In the depths of the Pacific, no one can hear you scream…

Comment from Laura M
    Time: March 24, 2009, 8:59 am

That cover is several different kinds of awesome.

Comment from Bob
    Time: March 24, 2009, 11:22 am

I’m curious: what are Temugin’s powers? He beat Venus really easily in #2, so I’m guessing he isn’t completely human.

Time: March 24, 2009, 11:43 am

Tem is all over the board with ability and power, depending on how much he can focus his chi. But technically he has no super abilities. But it would take masterful focus to tune out Venus’ song. Other than that, she’s not physically powerful.

Comment from wndola
    Time: March 24, 2009, 1:43 pm

So who’s side is the squid on? (this totally made my day btw)

Comment from wndola
    Time: March 24, 2009, 1:48 pm

hey “Hi” where do you live?

Comment from Hi
    Time: March 24, 2009, 2:17 pm

Temugin and his dad are NASTY!! Temugin smashed Iron Man to junk in a few hits and all Iron Man’s punches did in return was give him a bloody nose. Keep in mind Iron Man can hurl huge tanks like they were frisbees. And later on Temugin punched a guy made of intangible light.

And his dad the Mandarin might be even sicker. He went years without food and water, just living off his stored Chi.

Later he gets into a fight with Iron Man where Iron Man rams him through a bunch of walls and he just shrugs it off like it’s nothing.
    Then he breaks Iron Man’s frikken arm and kicks a dent in his helmet.
    To put him down, Iron Man had to hit him with five of Mandarin’s own rings(ripped out of his back), both repulsors, and the unibeam. Even then he didn’t stay down long. Then Iron Man freezes him. That seemed to put him down, but later it’s revealed that he escaped.

Just nasty Chi monsters the both of them!

Comment from patrick hulman
    Time: March 25, 2009, 12:43 pm

So does Venus have gils?

Comment from Mike Jozic
    Time: March 25, 2009, 2:15 pm

Am I crazy or did this post’s title previously reference Thunderball?

Comment from Mike Jozic
    Time: March 25, 2009, 2:16 pm

Aw, never mind. I figured it out. It was the tag on the image not the post title.

Time: March 25, 2009, 2:25 pm

Ha. Now I’ll just try to start messing with your mind at every opportunity, Mike.

Comment from Edu Blake
    Time: March 25, 2009, 3:42 pm

And IIRC, Temugin lost one of his hands (as shown in Agents of ATlas) in the recent MODOK’s 11 miniseries.

I wonder if we will see some flashback to when Namor and Namora reunited.

Comment from butch
    Time: March 31, 2009, 7:08 pm

Wow, the whole team in one shot– that’s pretty special!