• AGENTS OF ATLAS 1 BACK TO PRESS

I know I still need to mention the end of New York Comicon, but at the moment all I can say is that ISSUE ONE of AOA SOLD OUT AND IS GETTING A SECOND PRINTING!!! We’re the Li’l Engine That Could! After freezing in the shadow of Civil War, we’ve scooted up to the fire, and it’s much more comfortable here! Tell your retailers, get those books in because they move!

It’s so nice to be able to say this now- I saw the Back To Press memo while I was in the Marvel Offices Thursday and could barely stop bouncing (inwardly, of course). Thank you all for getting the word out on the Atomic Age Team and pushing it on your friends, you really came through for us.

Comments

Comment from jack marlowe
    Time: February 10, 2009, 12:10 pm

Congratulations Jeff, it´s your year. :)

At last one comic-book that sold-out and had the right of be great. Isn´t a blockbuster or crossover.

We are Agents of Atlas and we win. It´s a date to write in History. From the darkness to the light.

When the blog marvel of Mr Lao? I like my Agents of Atlas target member :)

Pd: The Foundation are little slow in Europe and AOA don´t arrive. I will go to my shop and pray that arrived.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: February 10, 2009, 2:55 pm

Congratulations, Jeff and the crew! Maybe it’s overstating things to say that this gives me hope for the continued existence of humanity. But only by a little…

Comment from Butch
    Time: February 10, 2009, 3:40 pm

Yeah!!! Congratulations.

This’ll be the first second printing I buy. =)

Comment from Matt Wieringo
    Time: February 10, 2009, 4:09 pm

Congratulations. And you’re welcome. :)

Time: February 10, 2009, 4:43 pm

Congrats!! I’ve been pimping the book like crazy. Glad it’s working.

Any idea what the 2nd printing variant will look like?

Cause I wouldn’t mind some way of getting the “Agents” covers. :D

Time: February 10, 2009, 4:47 pm

Doh. Shoulda checked the link. That works.

And only $2.99? Guess they’re not reprinting the back-up.

Comment from John
    Time: February 10, 2009, 5:35 pm

Excellent and very well-deserved news, Jeff! Agents #1 was an absolute blast! Great, fun read and did I mention how amazing the art is? Cannot wait for more.

Comment from Patman
    Time: February 11, 2009, 7:46 am

Congrats!

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: February 11, 2009, 10:21 am

Once again, I’m waiting impatiently for my monthly pile of books to arrive! I did really enjoy the first issue of Mysterius though!

Comment from Jeremy Colwell
    Time: February 11, 2009, 11:16 am

Great news, Jeff. Congratulations!

Comment from Paul Tobin
    Time: February 12, 2009, 11:52 am

Congrats, Jeff! Let the feeding frenzy begin. Cool that you saw the memo at the offices. My own trip to the Marvel offices worked out nicely, as well. More on that when Colleen and I return.

Comment from Hi
    Time: February 14, 2009, 12:22 pm

Good so far. Can’t wait to see Temugin kicking ass! :-D

Comment from David
    Time: February 16, 2009, 8:34 am

I was smiling from ear to ear when the item arrived in my email. Great news and mazel tov to all involved. It’s off to a great start.

Comment from Anna
    Time: February 16, 2009, 10:33 am

Aww, that’s awesome news for you but bad for me. I haven’t been able to get to the comic store (no drivers licence + mother who laughs at comics = bad combination). I loveloveloved the Agents of Atlas mini and since it came out I’ve tried repeatedly to hook others into it.

I can quite honestly say that the only thing keeping me going as far as comics are concerned is Agents of Atlas ongoing. I-I I need to stop gushing. I think I might be blushing.

Time: February 16, 2009, 10:42 am

Call the store and make them hold you a copy! Thank you for helping spread the word, Anna, very appreciated.

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: February 17, 2009, 1:57 pm

Congrats, fellow Jeff! Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy and an awesome book!

By the way, I’ve been continually touting the book, as part of a podcast (www.thegeekshowpodcast.com). Give us a listen, if you get a chance. And … any chance of you ever coming out to Utah for a signing?

Time: February 17, 2009, 2:02 pm

Utah isn’t out of the question, since I’m in Oregon. I shall file that, mentally…

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: February 19, 2009, 11:53 am

Well, you may be hearing from a Utah store owner … who, ironically enough, is the new sponsor of our podcast! ;)

And congratulations again. This was the best first issue of a bunch I’ve read since … well, the first “Agents of Atlas” miniseries.

Comment from Kalyan Pokala
    Time: February 24, 2009, 10:17 pm

Hey Jeff, Kalyan hear. I hope you still remember me. Random question, are you going to be doing a sequel to The Interman?

One of those comics that I could give to anyone, comic lover or not and they just loved it.