• I Am On The East Coast.

You know, it’s cold in New York, but not so much that all furnaces have to be roaring out of control inside. Today I’ll be working on stories at the Marvel offices, just like I imagined people did when I was a kid, before I found out everyone worked from home. It makes it very convenient when you need to clear something with editors to lean back and poke them as they walk by. Also need to hammer out some details of a miniseries that will be announced at the Comicon tomorrow.

So far seeing good stuff about Agents of Atlas #1 online, and hearing that stores are selling out. YES. Keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll go to a second printing.

Comments

Comment from Dana
    Time: February 5, 2009, 6:27 am

You know what Editors love?
    “Dropping by”
    They LOVE it. Sure, Nate or Mark may have cleared a work space for you, but you need to “spread the Parker” like a fine (uncontaminated) peanut butter.

Wander around Editorial, going from office-to-office, cubicle-to-cubicle — Parker buttering. Ask them about their day, their family, maybe tell a few jokes, hey, even make a few suggestions as to how they could make their books better. Want to make an editor smile? “You know [Editor's name] what would make [book title] good again…” Ear-to-Ear. You’ll need to wear sun glasses to protect you from the smiles.

There’s nothing anyone in Editorial appreciates more than unexpected visitors with tips and idle conversation. Play your cards right and you may be able to invite yourself along to lunch. Another helpful tip: practice a blank look, or the “pocket pat” for when the check comes — they WANT to pay for you, they just need an excuse.

Gold for you, Parker, gold.

(Maybe, offline, someday, I’ll tell you which freelancer did all that and what fantastic steps the company took to make sure it never happened again…)

Comment from Pedro Tejeda
    Time: February 5, 2009, 7:18 am

Hey was it you or Paul who wrote the last page of Sentry this week? That last panel made me almost shit my pants.

Also, great job on Agents of Atlas. Totally happy that you finally got to do this series. I love the fact that you made your villains actually competent.

Time: February 5, 2009, 8:34 am

Hopefully my store has a replacement copy for me if they’re selling out. Got home yesterday to curl up with my Agents and hide from the cold. Nice big tear up one of the pages. :(

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: February 5, 2009, 10:34 am

Yeah the entire state’s been in the deep freeze for the last week or so (except for those two days when it was the forties).

Looking forward to seeing hearing what tomorrow’s announcement is all about.

Time: February 5, 2009, 10:55 am

Dana, please. I excuse myself to the bathroom when the check comes!

Pedro, do you mean the Franklin page? Me, if so.

Comment from Stefan Blitz
    Time: February 5, 2009, 2:13 pm

Cold enough for you, sir?

I just wanted to mention to your faithful Agents that a new interview with the Mighty Mister Parker can be found at http://tinyurl.com/ParkerAgentsInterview

Comment from Dana
    Time: February 5, 2009, 3:40 pm

Yes. I remember.
    : /

D

Comment from chukw
    Time: February 6, 2009, 8:28 am

Hey, Dana- I only did that at DC! ;D

Comment from Dana
    Time: February 6, 2009, 9:56 am

Well that’s not exactly true.
    (I’m not complaining, mind you.)
    Casa Mia. New York. Lunch for 4 turned into lunch for 12.
    Check came. Parker went to the loo while the rest of Artamus crew began inspecting the ceiling for cracks .
    (Again, not complaining)