• ATLAS DAY: Report to Your Local Comics Shop

It figures that on a day I have three books coming out that I would be up in the air for hours instead of standing in a comics shop helpfully guiding people to one of my comics. Just as well, one of those books is the first issue of X-Men First Class: FINALS, and I need to write the last issue of it before the artists run out of script.

I have charged up THREE batteries for my laptop- one a brand new one and two old ones that can run through their charge in under 40 minutes, and that’s if I keep the screen dimmed and other programs shut down. When will we have batteries that last all day, when? Yes I’ll take a plug, but there are always so few outlets at airports and of course none on the plane. I just hope I don’t get a tubby recliner sitting in front of me. I’ll be starting in the country’s best airport, and arriving in the country’s worst. Oh for a good deal that lands somewhere other than JFK.

So let’s recap what will be in fine graphic periodical bookstores today…

AGENTS OF ATLAS #1- The first issue of the new series, which ties into the DARK REIGN situation in the Marvel Universe. I know, you think somehow this is going to make Atlas not Atlas, I’ve heard the fears. Go get it and see, we still totally do our thing. Plus it’s an extra-fat issue. Here’s me talking to Atomic Comics about it.

AGE OF THE SENTRY #5- The Penultimate issue featuring the Sentry’s Fan Club and the Guardians of the Galaxy! One last batch of weirdness before it jumps into Full Profound Weirdness next issue- just two weeks later.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS: FINALS: The Original Five X-Men never got a proper ending to their tenure as the first super mutant team, and now they do. It’s one Deucin’ miniseries!

I probably won’t be able to get on the internet until night time, so if you’re a first time commenter, it may take a while for your comment to show up. But welcome anyway. I hope one of these three books hit the spot for you- okay, I actually hope ALL THREE do.

Comments

Comment from Butch
    Time: February 4, 2009, 8:33 am

“The Original Five X-Men never got a proper ending to their tenure as the first super mutant team, and now they do…” sounds like a seriously long overdue idea!

Time: February 4, 2009, 9:10 am

Happy Jeff Parker Day!! :)

*Still sad about the end of X-Men: First Class*

Hopefully we’ll see the concept dusted off again. I still say X-Factor: First Class would be brilliant. Gives us a look at the O5 when they were more grown up. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel. With their “First Class” (wink wink) of students, including Rusty, Skids, Boom Boom, Artie, and Leech. :)

Comment from Erik
    Time: February 4, 2009, 2:40 pm

Hey, any chance that the Sentry’s Fan Club grow up to be the Continuiteens?

Time: February 4, 2009, 6:44 pm

Erik, WHERE did you get that idea!?!

Comment from Alcibiades
    Time: February 4, 2009, 7:20 pm

Agents of Atlas was great. Do you know long you will be able to write it? Do you know how much it sold?

Time: February 4, 2009, 7:24 pm

I have no idea about either. I mean, if it sells pretty well, I’ll be able to write it for quite a while. So I hope it sells out and reorders! Thanks.

Time: February 4, 2009, 7:52 pm

If it sells out, I’ll be buying the reprint.

Gotta support my favorite writer at Marvel. :)

Comment from Butch
    Time: February 4, 2009, 9:02 pm

I snagged me a Ed McG variant :D

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: February 5, 2009, 7:41 am

“Hopefully we’ll see the concept dusted off again. I still say X-Factor: First Class would be brilliant. Gives us a look at the O5 when they were more grown up. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel. With their “First Class” (wink wink) of students, including Rusty, Skids, Boom Boom, Artie, and Leech.”

That would be an awesome comic book! I’d buy it in a heart beat. In fact I’ll buy 30k copies of each issue just so it stays in print! ;) Recession and College Fund be damned!

Time: February 5, 2009, 8:20 am

I know, right!

I still thought that’s what Jeff was going to do. When he dropped those teases in interviews about Archangel and Ape Beast in regard to X-Men: First Class. So I just keep suggesting the idea, hoping that it’s what happens.

Comment from Bill Spangler
    Time: February 5, 2009, 10:57 am

The first issue of the new AGENTS OF ATLAS run probably would’ve been worth it for Gorilla-Man’s Continuity Catch-Up alone. Fortunately, you had a lot more than that…I love the mix of characters and the way they interact….The art is strong and I hope the new logo is permanent….It’s very distinctive…
    Looking forward to seeing just what the agents are planning to do Osborn and (in the back-up) what’s behind the insects.
    BTW, if you happen to think of it, tell Mark Paniccia that Bill Spangler says hello. He edited some of my scripts at Eternity Comics, and later at Flypaper Press.

Comment from Jeff Cannell