• MYSTERIUS 1 IN STORES TODAY.

But I warn you, do not laugh at him…

mys

And don’t underestimate Delfi, either.

del

But DO go straight out and get this book and tell the world what you’ve found. And if you wish to compare notes with other readers at some point, may I suggest The Mysterium? Just because I’m not sure where on the Internets one would talk Mysterius- I suspect most of the readers aren’t going to be regular Wildstormers (it ain’t Gen 13). Then again, there are many arcane forums that I’m not even aware of. And of course you can always leave some thoughts here or over at Tom Fowler’s Big Bug Blawg. I also don’t know where you could go to tell Dave McCaig what a powerhouse he is, maybe Gutterzombie, but I’ll happily pass that on to him too.

Happy Reading…

Comments

Comment from Jim Ottaviani
    Time: January 22, 2009, 7:46 am

Excellent first issue. Scoundrels make for the best kind of magician. Tom F.’s art is terrific, as is the setup. More, please, sir.

Comment from Chris Roberson
    Time: January 22, 2009, 8:12 am

Loved it. 100% awesome. Don’t stop.

I’ve posted a short review at http://www.chrisroberson.net/2009/01/you-need-this-mysterius.html

Time: January 22, 2009, 8:22 am

Chris, thank you VERY much!

Comment from Chris Roberson
    Time: January 22, 2009, 9:00 am

De nada. Hopefully now all five of my readers will rush out and pick it up!

Comment from Keith Chan
    Time: January 22, 2009, 2:14 pm

I think your previous work is great but Mysterium isn’t really my type of comic. I still love it. Congrats!

Comment from Paul Tobin
    Time: January 22, 2009, 10:21 pm

It was really great stuff, Jeff. You managed a great intro that brought an amazing wealth of information into play, all without interfering with the entertainment value. Mysterius is an intriguing character and Delfi is, umm… she’s…

Look, if she was real, do you think she would go out with me? I’m just asking.

Time: January 22, 2009, 11:16 pm

Yeah, she does have that “ideal girlfriend in real life” thing going pretty strong! I would be happy if she became a staple for comics show cosplayers.

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: January 23, 2009, 5:29 am

Hey Jeff,
    I’ve bought it and am looking forward to receiving it. Hopefully next week!

Time: January 23, 2009, 6:20 am

Thanks Chris.

Comment from Zack Smith
    Time: January 23, 2009, 10:32 am

As I’ve said, I think this would make a great TV series! You need to go after some of that sellin’-out money, because Mysterius is better than Dr. House. I mean, he just grumbles at people and finds obscure diseases. Mysterius can ruin lives AND journey into the underworld.

This was a “Pick of the Week” at Foundation’s Edge in Raleigh, if that helps!

Time: January 23, 2009, 10:51 am

Rock on, Foundation’s Edge! Good to hear.

Comment from Bill Spangler
    Time: January 23, 2009, 1:48 pm

Got Mysterius #1, basically on the basis of Chris Roberson’s review, and I loved it. An outrageous central character; a funky art style; a nice mix of genres and no spandex. Great stuff.
    I’d love to see Tom Fowler do an issue of The Spirit some day.
    Besides the other Doctor Who homages, Mysterius resembled Tom Baker (as he looks now) to me. And I started to hear his voice deliver the lines. Don’t know if it’s intentional, but it fits.
    Bill

Time: January 23, 2009, 5:44 pm

Bill, welcome aboard! Now I owe Chris a dollar!

Comment from Mike Jozic
    Time: January 25, 2009, 11:34 pm

Jeff, bought it on Wednesday, read it on Sunday and thought it was great. You and Tom have a great book on your hands here. I reviewed it on the blog but if I’m really going to get any word-of-mouth action happening I think I’ll have to bang the drum somewhere more public. ;)

Looking forward to #2 and Atlas #1!

Time: January 26, 2009, 12:14 am

Thanks Mike! I knew the book was going to really click with some people if they found out about it. I appreciate you spreading the word.

Comment from bryant
    Time: January 29, 2009, 10:58 am

I hadn’t heard anything about this, but picked it up on the basis of the cool cover. It’s like a Vertigo comic drawn by Jack Davis! (Something comics has been sorely lacking.) Nice work!