• Thanks, all Around

thanketh thee

So you Canadians already did yours, and you Europeans aren’t even thankful for anything, but for everyone in the United States, have a very restful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I had some list of things I was going to be grateful about, but without editors calling and screaming for script, I can’t seem to get into my work and blog habit today. Mostly, I am thankful for all of you who check in here to see what I’m rambling on about, thank You very much.

Art by N.C. Wyeth

Comments

Time: November 26, 2008, 4:55 pm

Happy Turkey Day, Jeff. Hope your family has a nice day.

And here’s something else for you to be thankful for…

ActionFigs: Any plans for the characters from ‘Agents of Atlas’ to get some love in one of the figure lines anytime soon? The original mini-series featuring the so-called ’50′s Era Avengers’ was a huge hit, even getting nominated for an Eisner. And now the team is getting their own ongoing that is launching out of Secret Invasion. Seems perfect for Marvel Universe.

Hasbro: While we don’t see these 50′s flashback players making it into the 2009 lineup (it’s jam-packed with others right now), we do plan to weave in a few era specific characters /costumes starting with a classic Ms. Marvel. That doesn’t mean that M-11 or Marvel Boy couldn’t make it into the 2010 lineup, but Dark Hawk and Luke Cage are ready to fight them for a spot!

Hey, I tried. Hopefully Hasbro will come through eventually.

Time: November 26, 2008, 5:06 pm

What was that exchange from? And yes, thanks!

Time: November 26, 2008, 5:50 pm

The monthly Q&A with Hasbro from Action Figs.

I was trying to get Hasbro to see the greatness of Agents of Atlas.

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: November 27, 2008, 5:06 am

Hey Jeff,
    Happy Thanksgiving from the curmudgeony side of the Atlantic!

Time: November 27, 2008, 9:00 am

Thanks Chris!

Comment from David Hahn
    Time: November 28, 2008, 8:34 pm

Man, Wyeth sure knew how to paint hot puritan matrons. Smokin’.

Comment from Butch
    Time: November 28, 2008, 10:48 pm

Can anyone just pop into that thread Beast? Maybe we can pester them into doing it.

The Agents would make great figs. They’re all very interesting visually (well, original Woo was bland, but Golden Claw Woo looks badass) and can have good features/actions (Gorilla Fu!!!) for the kiddies.

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: December 1, 2008, 1:48 pm

Heya Jeff,
    I just got my once a month pull-list of comics; among them #3 of “Age of the Sentry.” And as a Marvel UK junkie of old, I gotta ask, I know the Cosmic Code Authority insignia on the cover is a tip of the cap to the old Comics code, but, is it also a reference to the old Death’s Head (the Simon Furman character) logo, or is the similarity merely co-in-i-dink?

Like the guy in Dirty Harry says….I gots to know!

Time: December 1, 2008, 2:15 pm

I asked editor Jordan White, who responds:

“Hm… I don’t THINK it is, but I am not sure. It was made up by the artist of New Avengers 42’s cover, Aleksi Briclot. We got permission from Tom Brevoort to pop it on there, when we found out we could not use the real code. ”

So- now you may have to track down Aleksi…

Comment from Chris McAree
    Time: December 2, 2008, 5:38 am

Thanks for the answer Jeff.