• It’s Tomorrow.

boo

Just carved another Jack O’Lantern, one more to go. These big brutes you get from the pumpkin patch look very classic like the kind N.C. Wyeth might paint, but they’re thick and hard to carve. The thin ones they sell at supermarkets feel like you’re slicing with a laser by comparison. The kids and I put up a ghost and webs the other day, so we’re ready. I like to go for ultracreepyscary with decorations, but my trick or treaters are still little and I have to keep it friendly and less menacing for the next couple of years. That ghost just wants to give you a big hug.

What are you doing for Halloween?

rah

Comments

Comment from Shana Jean
    Time: October 30, 2008, 12:33 pm

At midnight I’m starting writing for NaNoWriMo!

In a Rorschach costume!

And before that there are various parties and such I’ll be doing.

Time: October 30, 2008, 12:44 pm

Excellent.

Comment from Dana
    Time: October 30, 2008, 1:13 pm

Handing out comics.
    Rot their brains, not their teeth!

(5.5 year old is going as Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano – UNPROMPTED by her parents; the Boy gets wrapped in a Superman infant wrap re-gifted to us at his baby shower…)

Time: October 30, 2008, 1:27 pm

Riiiigghht… no seriously, that’s cool. As is a Li’l Kryptonian wrap!

Comment from odessasteps magazine
    Time: October 30, 2008, 2:15 pm

work. bah humbug.

Comment from Bret
    Time: October 30, 2008, 2:29 pm

Jeff, just carved punkins with the little dudes last night and had THE GREAT PUMPKIN running on TV in the background.

Tomorrow night I trick-or-treat with Thomas the Tank Engine and Hulk and at home toss out candy and comics. I pulled out a stack of Ringo’s Spidey comics that I had doubles of. I like the idea of showing his stuff to a new generation of neighborhood (green) goblins.

Love yer decorated porch.

Time: October 30, 2008, 3:14 pm

Bret, now that’s a treat!
    You should dress as Sir Toppham Hat.

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: October 30, 2008, 3:56 pm

What, no GorillaPumpkin? No Pumpkin Robot? (The Venus punchline removed in defference to a family friendly blog.)

I will be escorting Green Lantern and Ice Man around the demense.

(And “No. He doesn’t know you at all.” This is the Ice Man from the “Adventures of Ice Man, Ice Cat, and Snow Dog”, coming soon to a refrigerator near you.)

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: October 31, 2008, 9:09 am

I’m feeling kinda like an apostate in terms of Halloween this year. Don’t know why.

Time: October 31, 2008, 10:11 am

That would be called “irony”.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: October 31, 2008, 1:41 pm

Man, every day is Halloween. So maybe what I’m calling “apostasy” is simply what Claremont would call a “deep blue funk.”

Comment from John L
    Time: November 2, 2008, 10:54 pm

My 6 year-old son dressed as Optimus Prime from the new animated series. I gave treats dressed a Wolverine (yellow/blue costume) while my wife was Minnie the Mouse.

Our 4 jack-o-lanterns were:

1. Gourd-lactus. My son designed a Galactus pumpkin which I helped execute
    2. Madman (this one was mine). Mike Allred inspired this one
    3. Creepy (my wife’s pumpkin and in my opinion the best one of all)
    4. Jack Skellington (again. designed by my son)