• Preview GSX, Listen to Andy.

Next week the Giant Sized X-Men First Class Halloween Extravaganza is out, full of guest artists following the adventures of Beast investigating his own X-files. Comic Book Resources has a preview.
    I’ll be talking to Tim O’ Shea about it, so that will pop up soon. That sweet image above is from the story drawn by Michael Cho, “The Day The Earth Just Would Not Stand Still.”

We’re two weeks away from the damnedest election ever, and even though now I’m probably considered a Socialist Portlandite, it’s important to remember that I’m from North “We will always make you wait until the next day to be able to tally our down-to-the-wire voting results” Carolina, where no matter our political allegiances, we all tend to do what patron saint Andy Griffith requires of us. Well, thanks to his TV son, he and The Fonz weigh in on the 08 election. So do what’s right, my native Tarheels. I had completely forgotten the signature Fonzie “w-wron-” gag until seeing this.

Comments

Comment from Mike Jozic
    Time: October 24, 2008, 11:50 pm

Okay, that’s officially one of the weirdest and coolest things I’ve seen all week. It really is interesting to see all the celebrities (from both sides) going out of their way to weigh in on Election ’08, because they’re not just endorsing one candidate or the other, they’re sort of looking you in right in the eye and begging you not to f*** this one up.

Sure beats ‘Rock the Vote’ for sincerity.

Damn, I think I might be craving some old Happy Days episodes, now.

Time: October 25, 2008, 8:39 pm

Awww…. you didn’t go with the reprint I suggested. :(

Looking forward to the issue though. Nice to finally get a Beast centric issue. Shame that it has to technically be the last issue of this version of X-Men: First Class though. :(

As for the political thing. I’ll keep my trap shut on that.

Time: October 25, 2008, 10:05 pm

I don’t think they had enough room for another one, and everybody liked the Whacked out Frankenbot story.

This has turned out to be a great issue, everyone kicked buttocks on it.

Comment from chukw
    Time: October 27, 2008, 7:41 am

Hey, happy birthday, you keyboard-bangin’ foo!

Time: October 27, 2008, 9:52 am

It’s Jeff’s birthday?

Happy Birthday Jeff!!

Time: October 27, 2008, 9:57 am

You’re late! It was Saturday. I’m still groggy from eating pounds of fried Turkey.

Time: October 27, 2008, 12:09 pm

Fried turkey for your birthday!?

What ever happened to cake. J/K.

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: October 28, 2008, 6:07 am

Happy Belated Fried Turkey Birthday!

Just curious but what’s the story with X-Men: First Class? Is it gone for good after the new mini? I hope not.