• Art Adams’ Agents of Atlas

If only I could have* used an A to spell “of”. As Beast pointed out in the comments of the Mysterius post, Marvel is advertising the Agents of Atlas poster by none other than Art Adams!

Finally, a poster. A snazzy one, too.

*Note to the entire internet: In the past week I’ve read something like twenty instances of bloggers writing “must of” or “should of”. I know it sounds like that, but believe me, the helping verb you mean to use is HAVE. That is all.

Comments

Comment from Jim
    Time: October 22, 2008, 12:43 pm

Art Adams Agents A’Atlas?

Comment from Johnny Bacardi
    Time: October 22, 2008, 12:45 pm

Ooh, nice Venus (even tho I’ll never get used to her as a redhead) and good Namora as well…

I expect no less from Adams, though.

Time: October 22, 2008, 12:56 pm

She’s been everything but a brunette! I think in the 50′s stories, we’re going to try the often difficult coloring chore of making her hair silver most of the time.

Comment from odessasteps magazine
    Time: October 22, 2008, 3:31 pm

Art Adams drawing primates is always a win.

Comment from Butch
    Time: October 22, 2008, 6:25 pm

SOLD.

I hate “should of” as well. Especially if it comes form an American. You guys should know better than that, dammit! =p

Comment from Culver
    Time: October 22, 2008, 7:15 pm

Agents Have Atlas

Comment from Mike Jozic
    Time: October 22, 2008, 8:12 pm

Man, couldn’t the guys scooch over and let Namora in? There’s all that room still in the top right hand corner, too.

Ah, well, still something to behold. If you hadn’t thought of it already, you should probably get Art working on the AoA annual right now. ;)

By the by, Jeff, while you’re on the AoA subject, I just listened to your Word Balloon interview where you discuss Leonard Kirk not being the artist on AoA and some possible candidates to fill the position. I swear it wasn’t until that very moment (and I’m even reading Captain Britain, f’r cryin’ out loud) that I internalized the fact that this would be an AoA without Kirk collaborating with you.

Maybe you can’t have your cake and eat it, too.

Still looking forward to everything, though. Keep up the good work.

Time: October 22, 2008, 9:25 pm

Culver, back to your Willamette Weekly assignments.

Mike, just go through your Captain Britains and replace every “Pete” with “Jimmy”, make Captain Midlands into Bob Grayson, and so on. Leonard’s probably getting paid in pounds, too!

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: October 22, 2008, 9:33 pm

Why do I feel like Gorilla Man is about to let a loogie drop onto me from a great height?

What’d I ever do to him?

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: October 23, 2008, 6:35 am

So this is where we get introduced the the “missing” member of the team, right? The one to fill up empty space…

Time: October 23, 2008, 7:02 am

Yes, I call him LOGOMAN.

Comment from jackmarlowe
    Time: October 23, 2008, 7:10 am

A good poster. Namora remind little manga but is well.
    Gorilla with peace in is suit is funny.
    Bob and Jimmy enigmathic.
    Venus beatiful forever and M-11 ever mistery man.

The space out of character can be appareance of Spider-man or Sentry? Or the Skrull out head in Secret Invasion special :) ?

The poster is a cover for Agents of Atlas ongoing? Is the same (equal) that Last Defenders where every cover is different?

Comment from Sandy Jarrell
    Time: October 23, 2008, 10:08 am

Sweet poster!!!

Shoulda?

Time: October 23, 2008, 10:30 am

It’s a great poster. I’ll certainly be ordering one to go with my X-Men: First Class poster. And I agree, you should plan an Annual and get Art Adams on art duties for it.

Now all we need is Hasbro to start rolling out the Agents in their upcoming Marvel Universe figure line. :)

Comment from Butch
    Time: October 23, 2008, 11:07 am

LOGOMAN?? Again? Seriously? That guy’s on EVERY frickin’ team!

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: October 23, 2008, 3:36 pm

LOGOMAN? Puh-leeze. He’s not a third the hero. So two-dimensional, so colorless. You need someone who will stand out, provide contrast!

Time: October 23, 2008, 3:40 pm

Someone more THREE dimensional is what you’re getting at, Oakes?

Time: October 23, 2008, 4:13 pm

Don’t give in Jeff! We don’t need 3-D Man!

Comment from Butch
    Time: October 23, 2008, 6:45 pm

“Now all we need is Hasbro to start rolling out the Agents in their upcoming Marvel Universe figure line.”

Here, here! Heck, I’, down with AoA heroclix, cards, superhero squad, minimates, whatever… I’m willing to take baby steps…

Time: October 23, 2008, 7:00 pm

Jimmy and Ken are already Heroclix, but they’re just CANNON FODDER at this point!

Minimate forever- 3-D Man, Never!

Comment from patrick hulman
    Time: October 24, 2008, 7:27 am

well parker, the AoA’s do have an unoffical member, as you pointed out in the mini.

Time: October 24, 2008, 9:50 am

That’s right, they still have a Skrull head. He’d be easy to fit on the cover.