• Hey, why can’t I get anyone from Virgin on the phone toda- Oh.

You may have seen the news that Virgin Comics has folded up like a Transformer and driven away. The only interruption for me is that it kills a short Gamekeeper prequel I had written and Ron Randall and Ron Chan were working on, other than that I was done with all my Virgin work. I’d like to point you to the talented Ashish Padlekar, who worked with me on the Walk-In series. If any of the Indian artists who worked in the Bangalore studio get wider known, he should be one of them. That book was a lot of head-trippy fun.

But now where will I get paid to write characters who swear?

Comments

Comment from Mark
    Time: August 26, 2008, 11:51 am

Time for another rousing chorus of “Another One Bite’s the Dust.”

Comment from Emil P
    Time: August 26, 2008, 12:58 pm

The horrors of the “Let’s spend tons of money, they use the healthy diverse reliable fantastic casual reader friendly Direct Market to sell tons of books!” plan strike again. Apparently even billionaires can’t pull off that fantasy.

Tons of cursing at Avatar, and Warren Ellis says they pay up front…

Comment from odessasteps magazine
    Time: August 26, 2008, 5:14 pm

“But now where will I get paid to write characters who swear?”

Surely you are now a big enough star in the Marvel Pantheon of Writers that you could write a MAX book using some obscure C-level hero. You could probably curse all you wanted to in that book. Maybe you could even show boobies.

Comment from Michael Hoskin
    Time: August 27, 2008, 7:15 am

Yes! X-Men: MAX Class!

Comment from C. E. Grayson
    Time: August 27, 2008, 8:13 am

Just think of all the fun you could have with Squirrel Girl in a Max book.

Ok, don’t. I feel dirty now.

Time: August 27, 2008, 9:47 pm

You could show plenty of boobage in a non-MAX title featuring the Blob.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: August 28, 2008, 8:41 am

Better include eyebleach or there’ll be a raft of lawsuits…