• I Have Seen It.

And it was a thing of beauty. Thanks everyone for not spoiling it for me, you can all talk freely now. With one film, Christopher Nolan has rebooted the public’s brain files on how cheesy Batman has been, and replaced all that with expectations of thrills and suspense. And just like everyone told me, Ledger is terrifying and funny at the same time. Even at modern theater prices, I got my money out of Dark Knight. What a summer for comics fans.

Comments

Comment from John P
    Time: August 4, 2008, 2:03 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Jeff! I think a lot of people are overthinking it, but if you just go in and expect to be entertained, it’s a great movie.

Time: August 4, 2008, 5:10 pm

I thought it was hugely overrated myself. Definatly not as good as some people are hyping it up to being. It was way better than Batman Begins though, but pretty much anything had to be. Give me Burton’s Batman and Joker any day of the week. Hell, I prefer Batman: The Movie from 1966 over it even. Even bought that on Blu-Ray. :D

Comment from Dennis Culver
    Time: August 4, 2008, 5:26 pm

I loved it.

I’ve seen a lot of people nitpick it but overall it’s a well put together movie.
    Easily the best Batmon movie to date imo.

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: August 4, 2008, 9:29 pm

“Why so serious?”

Truer words were never spoken.

Comment from patrick hulman
    Time: August 5, 2008, 6:52 am

call me a funny guy but while Ledger was good, it was Aaron Eckhart’s performance that drew me in. about the only thing i didnt like was ending (and a couple of plot holes but that would just be nik-picking).

Comment from Patman
    Time: August 6, 2008, 2:10 pm

Most of the plotholes you think you are there go away after subsequent viewings of the film (seen it 3 times, twice on IMAX – the only way to truly experience this film,BTW) and paying attention to the script. One’s first viewing isn’t enough to fully take in all the stuff Nolan/Nolan/Goyer put into the story/script.

Comment from xavier
    Time: August 12, 2008, 9:03 pm

Dark knight……AWSOME MOVIE!!

i also liked the fight between king kong and the dinosaurs, great director’s cut ….-))))

X

Comment from Ellie Egleton
    Time: August 24, 2008, 10:23 am

I’m Glad you enjoyed it! I’m hoping to see it soon!
    Ellie Egleton