• SDCC 08 DAY 1: Here Comes ATLAS

Ohhh my… I am the tired. As I’ve said before, every day is what Saturday used to be like at this show. Me can’t process it all. The first thing on the agenda was going to sign at Dave Bullock (and Darwyn Cooke and Cameron Stewart)’s booth, where Dave gave away these gorgeous Sentry posters and lots of buttons that he and Colleen Coover made- and our interns pressed into badges, thanks Elaine, Joe and Natalie. Got to talk a bit but not nearly enough with my Sentry collaborator Nick Dragotta, who finally got me to stop pronouncing his name drug-GOAT-uh.

I think I did two podcast interviews. Yes, yes it was definitely two. I signed things at the Marvel booth that had nothing to do with me except that they had Marvel characters. Oop- the wifi cafe is kicking us out, so I’ll cut to the chase. Went to the Mondo Marvel panel and announced the news that Agents of Atlas is becoming an ongoing series.

I’ll try to be more informative tomorrow. Again, it’s insane here. Finally saw the Owl Ship.

Comments

Time: July 24, 2008, 10:03 pm

Congrats, Jeff!!

Couldn’t happen to a better guy or a better book.

Hopefully an Eisner Award is right around the corner. Would really help push the book and ensure it finds an audience.

And since the Agents are based on the West Coast, hopefully they’ll have a run-in or two with the X-Men.

What’s this mean for MA: Avengers and especially X-Men: First Class? Hopefully you’ll still be on and involved in them.

Comment from jackmarlowe
    Time: July 25, 2008, 2:23 am

YES, a ongoing series. Marvel could recopilate the Spider-man Family, GS MA Avengers and SI who do you trust in prestige and then promotion when the series launch.

Good luck for Agents of Atlas.

Comment from Pedro Bouça
    Time: July 25, 2008, 4:08 am

Congrats! I’ll make up for not buying the original mini as it came out (I read it on the HC) and buy it religiously.

Best,
    Hunter (Pedro Bouça)

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: July 25, 2008, 4:46 am

Congrats Jeff! I love the idea of the series being a kinda modern pulp story. Any plans to reference John Byrne and Roger Stern’s “Lost Generation”?

Comment from Matt Wieringo
    Time: July 25, 2008, 7:00 am

Great news, Jeff. I can’t wait.

Comment from Patman
    Time: July 25, 2008, 7:08 am

Sweet news on AoA, glad you finally could reveal it to the world!!!!

Comment from Michael Hoskin
    Time: July 25, 2008, 7:19 am

Huzzah! The Agents of Atlas HC must have sold like gangbusters?

Time: July 25, 2008, 8:05 am

Thanks everyone! And thanks for helping get the word out on the book all along.

Comment from John P
    Time: July 25, 2008, 10:23 am

Awesome news, Jeff. Congratulations! Can’t wait to read it!

Comment from Jake Boyer
    Time: July 25, 2008, 11:46 am

It’s great to hear the Agents are getting a full series after finally reading the HC so recently! Congrats!

Time: July 25, 2008, 12:57 pm

Like I said in the other thread, I’m gonna have to interview for LWW now. :)

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: July 25, 2008, 5:29 pm

About dang time. I look forward to another monthly Parker treat.

Comment from jackmarlowe
    Time: July 26, 2008, 3:43 am

It´s sad that Agents of Atlas not win Jeff but Mouse Guard was a book with prizes and hard adversary. Is the people that vote, and have respect this decision but i think that AOA must have win, Mouse Guard have a Eisner in Kids categorie.

Good luck for ongoing serie of Agents of Atlas, and pray that Marvel don´t fear publish because not win Eisner, i buy since the first number for help in the sales.

If have lucky the next year the Eisner Awards can nominate the ongoing series friend.

PD: In september Sentry at last and The MA digest, Monster-Hulk, a good month for read comics well made.

Time: July 26, 2008, 9:03 am

You were robbed!

Here I was hoping that you’d snag the Eisner which would have helped push the ongoing. Oh well, they can always do what the movies do… “The Eisner Award Nominated … Agents of Atlas.”

Comment from Rich
    Time: July 27, 2008, 8:04 am

Beyond pleased to hear about the Agents of Atlas series. Already added it to my pull list at the LCS.

Comment from Sam
    Time: August 1, 2008, 8:14 pm

So, is AgentsOfAtlas.com going to be updated for the new series? :)

Time: August 1, 2008, 8:25 pm

Indeed it will Sam! Probably at the end of Summer.