• I’m In The Comics Waiting Room…

…talking shop with Matt Maxwell. We did enough back and forth that this interview comes across as a real dialogue and not me turning on the Stan Lee Promototron 6000, go give it a read.

MM: How did that Ego, the Living Planet story go over, anyways…?

JP: They loved it, but there was a “black hole” joke taken out of the end, now that you remind me of it. So everything doesn’t get through.

And yes, I hear Comicon International is just a WEEK away. Ugh.

Comments

Comment from Pj
    Time: July 15, 2008, 9:49 am

Fun interview/discussion. Try to not to drown in people over at Comic-Con. I won’t be able to make it this year (my band has a gig that weekend), but one of these cons you’re at, I’ll swing by and say “hi.” Consider yourself warned. ;)

Time: July 15, 2008, 11:35 am

Warning accepted!

Comment from Britt Schramm
    Time: July 15, 2008, 12:01 pm

Good stuff, Mr. Parker. Although, there was a bit o’ bittersweet news concerning the Interman news – movie info (sweet) and the new Interman OGN (bitter). Jeff, can you promise that the second book will be out before “Chinese Democracy”?

Time: July 15, 2008, 12:13 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny. I’m trying, I’m not being lazy. But my self-published indy book-as book sales- does not pay my mortgage or feed my kids. So it has to wait until the maximum amount of attention can help orders, ie a movie in production, not just development.

Comment from jackmarlowe
    Time: July 15, 2008, 1:39 pm

Good luck for AOA in Eisner.

I read story of Doom and Ego, very good!!!.

Time: July 15, 2008, 2:30 pm

Thanks Felipe!

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: July 15, 2008, 5:11 pm

Thanks for putting up with the format, Parker-san.

Hopefully I’ll see you in SD. I’m stupid and going, even without a table to sell anything at. We’ll see how that works out…

Comment from Britt Schramm
    Time: July 15, 2008, 7:23 pm

Sorry, Jeff. I should have used the old wink emoticon at the end of the last question as it was more of a joke than anything else (especially when compared to the never-gonna-see-the-light-of-day GnR CD). I totally understand the need to maximize the Marvel end of things while waiting for Interman to get into production. So, please don’t take my ribbing too seriously.

By the way, my boy, who you met when he was around 5 months back in Bethesda, is now 5 years old and is all prepped to read Silver Rage. Little does he know what’s in store for him.

Comment from dusty abell
    Time: July 16, 2008, 8:30 am

enjoyed the interview and i hope to see you at the con so i can say hay in person………….

Time: July 16, 2008, 3:50 pm

No problem Britt ( I always hear your name now as Brett from Flight of the Conchords), that’s more ME feeling bad about not having it out by now!