• What’s in the Avengers’ Cafeteria?

Over at Marvel Noise, David has a preview of next week’s Marvel Adventures Avengers. Hopefully we’ll get to the bottom of what Captain America really wants in the lunchroom, tatertots…

tots

Or CORN.
    the real super soldier serum

And if you’re lucky, we might have some of that square pizza and applesauce on Wednesday.

Comments

Time: May 16, 2008, 8:51 am

Square pizza was awesome. But you know what was better? Orange octagon pizza.

Comment from Pj Perez
    Time: May 16, 2008, 10:34 am

Did you REALLY write a scene where Ant-Man is dodging a cob of corn? Really?

I cannot even wrap my tiny brain around that to decide if it’s awesome or ridiculous. Ow.

Comment from Matt Wieringo
    Time: May 16, 2008, 3:00 pm

Oh, man. Square pizza! The only thing I miss about grade school. It was sooooo good. Especially when you rolled it up like a burrito. Scrumptious!

Time: May 16, 2008, 3:15 pm

Yeah, I was all over that square pizza!

PJ, let me help: AWESOME.

Comment from Dana
    Time: May 16, 2008, 6:39 pm

Avengers Cafeteria?
    It’s strictly Burgers and such:

You’ll have to go to Cafe 4 for Square Pizza…
    D

Time: May 16, 2008, 7:18 pm

Mr. Literal. Man, I cannot tell what part of Captain America I’m looking at in that image over the cash registers.

Comment from David Price
    Time: May 16, 2008, 7:59 pm

Fantastic. I can’t wait to read this issue. And thanks for the link love.

Comment from Susan
    Time: May 16, 2008, 10:05 pm

They’re eating with their gloves on?! Gross! Just think of all the filthy miscreants they’ve fought with those.

Time: May 16, 2008, 11:16 pm

If I’m not mistaken, that’s Captain America kicking himself in the chest. BAP!

Comment from Dana
    Time: May 17, 2008, 5:37 am

You caught me, it’s actually the “Captain America Diner”
    Ceiling to floor original art by Bagley, Delperdang & Mounts.
    That piece above the register is a chunk of Cap’s side; that’s the edge of his belt on the left — it’s a strange (and not-approved) cropping . I love the Liefield-era-Wonder-Woman-homage-graphic logo below that. (YES I can point out every bit of the park where they went off the ranch…)

One of my favorite things in the park:
    Call it an editorial comment on Electro.
    That or Maxwell Dillon REALLY hates fruit.

Time: May 17, 2008, 7:22 am

I can see why you would fixate on that fruit stand. Of course, it’s so intuitive- ELECTRO! Who else would be up there?
    And yeah, I was wondering about that Wonder Woman logo…!

Comment from Sandy Jarrell
    Time: May 17, 2008, 9:13 am

Hey! Karl’s back!

Comment from Dana
    Time: May 18, 2008, 5:54 am

Well, that Cap-Eagle-Wonder-Woman icon was in the books. So there was little recourse when we asked it be replaced.

Electro truth-be-told was part of a larger multi-character piece – it just so happens that the way it all worked out, at that particular angle, it looks like he really wants you to eat fruit. (That’s what it looks like this am — Max Dillion threatening people into eating right. “FRUIT OR ELECTROCUTION!”)

Comment from SanctumSanctorumComix
    Time: May 18, 2008, 6:38 am

Perhaps, Electro is using 6th Grade science (SCIENCE!!!) to recharge himself, by tapping into the innate conductivity of citrus. (CITRUS!!!!)

;-)

“Now, I’ll just hang around the fruit stand until Spider-Man passes by. Then, I’ll be able to overpower him with my Grapefruit-enhanced Electricity!”

~P~
    P-TOR

Time: May 18, 2008, 8:34 am

If it’s said on my blog, that means I CAN USE THAT!

Comment from Dana
    Time: May 18, 2008, 1:54 pm

Yessssssss.

(Does that mean Karl can use it too?)
    : O

Comment from SanctumSanctorumComix
    Time: May 19, 2008, 5:05 am

If you were referring to MY mental ramblings… sure, go ahead.
    I have LOTS more synaptic misfires where that one came from.

Now, if you really want to go nuts with it (and since you seem to like MAN-THING), perhaps, since HE’s vegetation… y’know.

Electro fries out what’s remaining of MANNY’s brain, and through electric impulses can control the bog-beast (like how a brain-surgeon can make you move a limb by touching a certain point of your grey-matter), and use the innate vegetable matter to help recharge his “batteries”…infinitely.

Oh, did I mention?
    Electro is half submerged INTO the back of Man-Thing and is riding him around like a TANK.

You’re welcome.

:-)

~P~
    P-TOR

Comment from SanctumSanctorumComix
    Time: May 19, 2008, 7:06 am

OR…
    You have Electro have his brain shorted out, whilst falling into the Man-Thing (the contact with water shorted him out), but since he’s still in contact with MANNY (remember, embedded up to his waist in the creature’s back/hump), the electrical impulses cause MAN-THING’s brain cells (which, remember are dispersed throughout his entire body) to become more active, and (here’s where it goes COMPLETELY off the rails) now Man-Thing is able to utilize his Fear-induced ACID to power the electrical bolts and he now able to cause victims to burn from a distance!

Like a FEAR-flame-thrower (but, electricity instead of fire).

I’m NOT 100% sure how a car battery works (a little research should provide the answer for me), but there’s ACID in there.
    There’s ACID in Man-Thing.

He’d be like an empathic, fear-torching, energy-bolt-tossing, glowing-eyed, mockery-of-a-man…energizer bunny.

Sorry.
    I’ll stop now.

;-)

You want REALLY wild ideas…?
    Hit me up on my Doctor Strange concepts.
    That’s where I really thrive.

~P~
    P-TOR

Time: May 19, 2008, 8:23 am

Whoa dog, you’re getting too close to real story ideas! Hence I will have to implement shutdown procedures, because I can open myself up to trouble when people throw out story concepts. I know, my statement invited it, so my fault.

Comment from SanctumSanctorumComix
    Time: May 19, 2008, 8:29 am

That’s OK.

I got a bit carried away there.
    As I said; Way too many strange concepts running around loose in my noodle.

But, hey. Feel free to use the POWER OF CITRUS one.
    It’s on the house.

I’ll even sign a waver.

;-)

Keep up the goodness.

~P~
    P-TOR

Time: May 21, 2008, 5:24 pm

Hey Reboot, I have no problem with approving negative criticism (even though I respectfully disagree with you on the art), but you have to put a real name to it.

Comment from Capt. Weinerdog
    Time: May 22, 2008, 4:52 pm

I like that you have Ant Man as a new member of the regular team …. did you have to talk editorial into it? And why not Hawkeye?.. you seem to have a flair for writing him.

Time: May 22, 2008, 5:43 pm

Once Iron Man and Hulk got their own MA books, it wasn’t so urgent to have them in Avengers, so they started to let the roll call switch up some. As for why I use Ant-Man, it’s logistics- he’s little and therefore easier for the artist to work into scenes with the whole group!