• Tomorrow: Enter… THE CONTINUI-TEENS!

i have looked into the void and seen... myself

This is what it has all been building to, friends. Marvel’s most sensational new team- discover their origin and how the Marvel Universe cannot do without them. In stores

tomorrow.

Oddly enough, WordPress tells me that this is none other than Post #666. It wasn’t planned that way- what could it mean? Maybe it just means “Eat It!” all of you bloggers boasting about reaching your 500th post! Also: Happy Earth Day! Turn off some glaring lights, ride a bike somewhere or drive a four cylinder engine. Cut up plastic six-pack rings. Take a canvas bag shopping, compost some waste.

Comments

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: April 23, 2008, 4:06 am

666 Running with the Parker-devil!

Time: April 23, 2008, 1:16 pm

Great issue, Jeff. As you saw my praise on CBR.

Quick question… the stone winged creature wasn’t Grey Gargoyle was it? I didn’t think so, but it’s the only name that popped into my head. :(

Nice Exiles refrence with the ‘Continui-teens’ comic also. :D

Time: April 23, 2008, 1:31 pm

It was actually GORGOLLA, the Living Gargoyle! Close!

Time: April 23, 2008, 1:34 pm

Damn… I have no clue who that is.

Guess I have to give up my honorary Continui-Teen membership. :D

Comment from Evan Shaner
    Time: April 23, 2008, 3:26 pm

Continui-teens looks like a lot of fun Jeff, I’ll be curious to see it.

I’m writing here because I wasn’t sure how else to go about it. You mentioned over at Blog@Newsarama that you had done a Watchmen/Peanuts piece long before mine that ran in Comics Scene. A guy just wrote me and called me a ripoff and I just wanted to make sure you knew that it wasn’t meant that way and I had no idea. It was just kind of a joke. Either way, I’d really love to see yours if it’s around.

As I said before, I’m a big fan of Agents of Atlas. I really liked the Spidey/FF series you did with Mike Wieringo, and Octopus Press’ Alex Toth Doodle Book is one of my prized books, I’m never too long without it. I’ve been checking in here for a while, but just never thought to say anything. Looking forward to more.

Time: April 23, 2008, 3:51 pm

Man, why you always rippin’ me off Evan! I know there’s no way you saw my original one, because I don’t see old issues of Comics Scene drifting around much these days. I’m sorry someone was a knob to you. When it was on the Newsarama blog, a poster found my cartoon and sent me copy because I have no idea where my issue of that is. Maybe I’ll post both of ours tomorrow (though I hate to show any old work, even if I was trying to ape Charles Schulz). I meant to write you and fake-harass you about it and I got behind!

Time: April 23, 2008, 7:49 pm

When I was barely a teenager, and when the first Amalgam stuff came out, I wrote a story that featured comic strip characters in the Watchmen world. Dagschach died. And Charliemandias was stopped in his evil plot when someone tempted him with a football to kick. Wish I still had a copy somewhere.

XFC 11 was fantastic, kind of like reading a Marvel-based Ambush Bug book, which is one of the best compliments I can come up with. I’m becoming a big fan of Mr. Dragotta, and I loved the Coover pages. I wish we could see more of the ContinuiTeens, but I fear that holding out hope would be like the first time I finished Golden Axe and thought I was going to get to play a level in New York City.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and best line this issue, though there were many gems, was, “That doesn’t even look like the Ultimate Nullifier.”

Comment from Bill S.
    Time: April 24, 2008, 7:40 pm

Dude, the Continui-Tees rule!

Comment from Rachelle Goguen
    Time: April 27, 2008, 3:47 pm

This was the best single issue of a comic so far this year. Well done! (My favourite part was Hulk eating the fruit pie).

Comment from dusty abell
    Time: May 1, 2008, 7:47 am

Senor Paws, the almost slip about Phoenix, Jeans surprise at her future costume and the Leader and Hulk fruit pie gag, LOL. Man, you just keep coming up with the funnest damn stories. I HEART XMFC!!!!

Dusty Abel