• X-Thang

x-thing.jpg

This week the X-Men take a tour of possible futures thanks to that consummate guide, the Man-Thing. With mad art by guest artist Eric Nguyen. And hey, here’s a preview of it. Especially worthwhile is editor Nate Cosby’s recap page, “Don’t Be A Man-Thing!”

Comments

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: January 22, 2008, 9:08 pm

“Just look at you. You’re not wearing anything. Not even a belt…”
    I love Cosbytainment’s Don’t Be A Man-Thing, sir.

Nice Sewage Work, Jeff.

Time: January 23, 2008, 8:53 am

I didn’t know your site was up! Why don’t you share these things with people?

Comment from Gerard
    Time: January 23, 2008, 3:06 pm

Three thoughts:
    1) PHOENIX? :( [I know it fit the issue, but I'm conditioned at this point to Not Like Phoenix Appearances. It spoiled the issue for me, really.]
    2) Why couldn’t Nyguen (sp?) have been using this style for the covers? It looks a LOT better than them (kinda Josh Middleton-like)
    3) Was Jean flying in this issue a screw-up? Given the last line in #7 at the rocket launch.

Time: January 23, 2008, 3:12 pm

3: She’s supposed to be doing a just a big burst of mental power to lift herself and them, but you’re right, it does look like she’s flying. But she’s not.

Except when she’s PHOENIX! Hee hee.

Time: January 23, 2008, 3:59 pm

Woo!! You did the issue I was asking for. Hints of the future!! :D

Time: January 23, 2008, 4:24 pm

Wait until you get issue 11, your head is going to detach and fly off like an escape pod.

Time: January 24, 2008, 8:31 am

That’s the Mysterio issue, right. It sounds trippy. :D

Comment from Eric Nguyen
    Time: January 24, 2008, 1:30 pm

Ha, soooo many jokes can be made from that Nate page…but then I’ll definitely lose my job at Marvel… so it’s best to just snicker behind the scenes. heh …

-ericn.

Comment from Manolis
    Time: February 13, 2008, 11:11 am

hmm oyu don’t happen to mean THIS TITLE PAGE:

do you, Jeff?

(love it love it love it)