• RIP EVEL

rocketcar.jpg

You have finally made it across Snake River Canyon.

Comments

Comment from Matt Wieringo
    Time: November 30, 2007, 3:50 pm

Wow. The end of an era. I remember playing with that EK windup motorcycle toy when I was a kid. Now I’m really feeling old.

Time: November 30, 2007, 4:39 pm

At least you had a guy with a rocket car wearing a cape. Today’s youth only have cheeseballs from American Idol.

Comment from Brian M.
    Time: November 30, 2007, 5:45 pm

I remember watching the Snake River Canyon jump and thinking that since he had a rocket instead of a motorcycle, that he’d make it no problem. Then the shut deployed prematurely and I held my breath watching that thing bounce down the canyon not knowing what would happen.

I hope St. Peter’s ok with Evil jumping the pearly gates on his bike.

Comment from gettis
    Time: November 30, 2007, 7:08 pm

Man…I had a Evel Knievel electric toothbrush when I was a kid and it was made of awesome…nothing says good dental hygiene like putting a rocket in your mouth….

Comment from Craig
    Time: December 1, 2007, 8:42 am

For a time… Evel was THE MAN!

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: December 1, 2007, 6:49 pm

What a cool tribute post, Jeff. I’ve never seen that photo. (Not that I’m an Evel scholar or anything…)

Time: December 1, 2007, 10:37 pm

I believe I remember a mention of a thesis defense on seventies daredevils in your past…

Comment from G. Gerald Garcia
    Time: December 2, 2007, 8:39 am

Evel was a little before my time, but I saw all the toy ads in comics and tv commercials. Was there ever a comic book about Evel? I’m sure he inspired many little daredevils.

GGG.

Pingback from Blog@Newsarama » Remembering Evel Knievel
    Time: December 3, 2007, 1:36 pm

[...] –Jeff Parker –Isotope Comics owner James Sime –Top Shelf’s Brett Warnock   Posted by JK Parkin in News & Views, Pop Culture, Creators [ Permalink ] [ ] [...]