• Please Order Now: Spider-Man Family #7

This issue is a tribute to Mike Wieringo, done by those who worked with him most. Todd DeZago and Mark Waid co-wrote it, and Karl Kesel is handling the art, with the main characters of Marvel’s that Mike is known for. I think it’s great that Marvel is doing this, here’s the info.

smfam2007_col.jpg

SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #7
    Written by TODD DEZAGO & MARK WAID
    Pencils & Cover by KARL KESEL

The Looter! This guy found a meteorite that gave him enhanced speed and strength, and the misconception that he’s a genius (he’s actually dumber than dirt). So WHY is he such a pain to Spidey and the FF??? Well, obviously it…oh, wait. I can’t tell you why. Read and find out!

In related news, the very last thing Mike drew will also see print. I’ll have more info on that fairly soon. In the meantime it would be nice to see a big ta-doo made over this because it is a very personal piece for the creators involved. So spread the word if you have a chance.

Comments

Comment from jack marlowe
    Time: November 21, 2007, 2:57 pm

I think that i will buy.

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: November 22, 2007, 5:41 am

Thanks for the headsup, Jeff. Waid and Brian Augustyn wrote a nice two-page tribute to Mike in Flash 234 (that came out yesterday).

Comment from Brian
    Time: November 22, 2007, 5:26 pm

I’ll be sure to order this one and is it just me, or does the Looter on the cover have a real Ringo flavor to him.

I’d heard that there was a possibility that Mike’s final project would get finished and that again it would be done by folks close to him so I’m glad to hear that is a go as well.

Time: November 22, 2007, 10:33 pm

I agree with the Ringo flavor. And as much as Karl inked him, if he can’t channel some Mike, I don’t know who can!

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: November 26, 2007, 5:44 am

Already on my pull list and I’m planning on picking up an extra copy to give to my nephew.

You guys are right the cover definetely has a ‘Ringo look to it.

Comment from Brandon Schatz
    Time: November 28, 2007, 12:00 am

The Looter! The first Spider-Man comic I purchased was Mike and Todd telling a Looter story. Goodness, that character was fun – very glad to see him in this book for Mike. I can’t wait for this.